Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the tritium is gone, you have the fiber optic. If the fiber optic is gone you have the tritium. If both are gone you have your light. If your light is gone, so are you. I've never shot in total darkness, and I never will. I enjoy knowing what I'm shooting at before I pull the trigger. Even in low light (full moon, street lamp, ect) the fiber optic is going to gather a huge amount of that light, which in my somewhat limited experience, is enough to 'outshine' the tritium. Inside when I use my light, the reticle turns black. Still visible and useful. There's nothing an Aimpoint will do that an ACOG won't do better. The low power of the ta44 makes the eye relief better than the higher power models, which is a common gripe with them. And the weight difference between a ta44 with a LT mount and a T-1 with a LT mount are pretty much a wash.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah that's the way to buy them to save some $$. If you can find a place like optics planet with a coupon or another place having a sale you can about break even on the LaRue deal. I've got a buddy that's been waiting for LaRue for several months already with no ETA yet. I had two on back order for a long time with them probably two months last year and eventually found them on sale through other vendors. Just ordered the LaRue mounts which showed up in a couple days.

Ive never dealt with Larue. Does their site not show you when something is backordered or not in stock?

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive never dealt with Larue. Does their site not show you when something is backordered or not in stock?

That is correct. The site does not show stock status. You would have to call or email first to find out if they actually have stock of the item. All the Larue gear is quality but you do pay for the quality!

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh silly me. I forgot that better product materials, engineering, product design, quick detach, return to zero, extreme durability, customer service and warranty are just a scam and shouldn't merit a higher cost to consumers. I'm sure it costs just the same I make as a UTG or NCStar product that has cheaper product materials, non quick detach, no return to zero, unquestionably less durable, and zero product design and engineering as they're just ripping off companies like LaRue and Trijicon most if not all the time.