Lets see some CZ love!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Battiest Blademan

Battiestblademan
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Im a new guy and am still trying to figure out how to navigate thru all these forums but this one caught my eye. I have a CZ527 Varmint in .17 Hornet that has become one of my favorites. Very accurate (if you clean the barrel every 20 shots), no recoil, mild report and with the single set trigger no crow is safe out to about 250. I had only seen 1 CZ rifle before and I was very impressed with the quality and workmanship. I mounted a Vortex 4-12 scope and I load 20gr. Nosler Varmagedon bullets in front of 12.0gr of 5744 and a CCI450 primer for an average velocity of 3750. 12gr is about all the 5744 you can cram in this little case but since I'm not seeing any pressure I'm gonna try something a little faster. Anyway I'm wondering if CZ is still clambering the .17 Hornet. A friend of mine has been trying to find one and they're just not out there. Also Ruger apparently has stopped offering rhe .17 Hornet too. If anyone knows of a source please post it.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own three CZ rimfire rifles,,,
527 Varmint AT-One
512 Carbine
512 Rifle

I love shooting all three of them for different reasons/purposes.

But my love is still given to my pair of CZ-75B pistols,,,
I love owning centerfire/rimfire pairs,,,
These two are my favorites.
CZ-75B in 9mm and CZ-75B Kadet in .22 LR.

czechs2.jpg

I'm so glad I decided to order the Kadet as a full pistol,,,
CZ discontinued it's sales less than a year after I purchased mine.

It's valued at way more than the 9mm.

Aarond

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always wanted a CZ 75b. Still do but I never will have one. I really like the looks of the 45th anniversary edition.

Battiest Blademan

Battiestblademan
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
If you own a CZ or a Tikka 22lr then I don't have to tell you how tough it is to find scope bases for them. DPI inc. makes short picatinny rails that are very well made and mount by sliding on the receiver groove and then secured with screws. Then of course you can use any Weaver style ring. A little pricey but they work and solve the problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom