Let's See Those Big Bore Rifles!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang it why did you go and do that. I'm already itching to buy another 1895G. I don't need eye candy to convince me to spend money I don't have. I'd be all over the 1895M (.450 Marlin) on Armslist.

top one is my old 1895G
ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_DSC_0399.jpg

You couldn't help but smile when you touched off on of those mortar rounds.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn you, Jerry! You just had to start this, didn't you? You know I should be in bed right now ... it's deer season you know. O.K. I'll start with one that was sitting out, still dirty from shooting last week-end. .458 Win Mag on '98 Mauser action ...

[Broken External Image]

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang it why did you go and do that. I'm already itching to buy another 1895G. I don't need eye candy to convince me to spend money I don't have. I'd be all over the 1895M (.450 Marlin) on Armslist.

top one is my old 1895G
ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_DSC_0399.jpg

You couldn't help but smile when you touched off on of those mortar rounds.

I tried some of the Buffalo Bore fodder in this one and it raised even my jaundiced eyebrows! That stuff will clear your sinuses!

And you're welcome! :)

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got one I'll post pics of tomorrow. It doesn't compare with yours GTG but it is a big bore. If Hornady would just produce some LeverRevolution bullets in .375 I'd load them, and sinus clearing to boot!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got one I'll post pics of tomorrow. It doesn't compare with yours GTG but it is a big bore. If Hornady would just produce some LeverRevolution bullets in .375 I'd load them, and sinus clearing to boot!

As the 375 has been responsible for a great number of deceased African big game, it deserves recognition as a big bore. I'd say anything smaller does not meet the standard! :)

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Marlin Trapper, it has a 16in barrel instead of the 18.25 barrel like the Guide Gun. It was a limited run of only 500.[Broken External Image][Broken External Image][Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom