Liberals tend to igmore ideas they don't agree with.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the main points of this interview with which I agree: If conservatives want to convince liberals to consider their point of view, they should talk more about their concern for people.

Why are we in favor of gun rights?
  • To empower the small and the weak to defend themselves.
  • To hold off multiple attackers before the police can get there. The law abiding citizen should have the same number of bullets as the criminals. No restricted bullet capacity.
  • Governments are abusive when they say we can't own a gun. People in Chicago and other cities are increasing at the mercy of criminals.
  • And, heaven forbid, we need guns to resist if we ever had a tyrannical government.

More of this and less of the belligerent, "It's my right" would serve us better in winning over the undecided.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the main points of this interview with which I agree: If conservatives want to convince liberals to consider their point of view, they should talk more about their concern for people.

• To empower the small and the weak to defend themselves.
  • To hold off multiple attackers before the police can get there. The law abiding citizen should have the same number of bullets as the criminals. No restricted bullet capacity.
  • Governments are abusive when they say we can't own a gun. People in Chicago and other cities are increasing at the mercy of criminals.
  • And, heaven forbid, we need guns to resist if we ever had a tyrannical government.

More of this and less of the belligerent, "It's my right" would serve us better in winning over the undecided.

There are conservatives who talk that way. Most of them have been branded RINO, vilified for compromising and run out of office.

images

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are conservatives who talk that way. Most of them have been branded RINO, vilified for compromising and run out of office.

images

The above is false. The RINOs are Republicans who, as soon as there is pressure, agree to start compromising by supporting either patently unconstitutional regulations/laws or by passing restrictions that have no practical effect on criminals but do affect the law abiding in a negative way - as if they had been waiting for the opportunity all along. A Republican who makes a person-centered case (i.e. the human right case) for gun ownership will not be vilified and where it has been done intelligently and articulately those Republicans have been hailed as champions of the Second Amendment.

I do, however, like the picture!

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work with many progressive liberals. Big big lefties. I refuse to discuss politics at work and they know that, but I do listen to a lot of it. In my experience, hard-core liberals don't look at conservatives as evil, per se. They look at us as unintelligent and backward. Not simply uninformed, but truly mentally defective. It's an ego thing. When in a group, they easily discuss us as pitiable and they seem comfortable when discussing our rights being removed, convervative politicians and leaders being imprisoned and even conservatives being given a "special" class of citizenship.

If we're not smart enough to follow their lead, we deserve it. These are not professional activists. These are just intelligent, highly-educated professionals that are very impressed with themselves and their intellect.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we're not smart enough to follow their lead, we deserve it. These are not professional activists. These are just intelligent, highly-educated professionals that are very impressed with themselves and their intellect.

It really is comical how they always default to the third grader "your stupid" argument while claiming to be so highly educated and intelligent. When they start touting their years of education and your lack of intelligence, you know you have won the debate with facts and well reasoned logic. They will never admit it but any on the fence observers will know who made the strongest case.

To be fair some on our side can't control their hatred of Obama and resort to communist/Muslim/non citizen talk. Those guys aren't doing our side any favors.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

[*]To empower the small and the weak to defend themselves.
[*]To hold off multiple attackers before the police can get there. The law abiding citizen should have the same number of bullets as the criminals. No restricted bullet capacity.
[*]Governments are abusive when they say we can't own a gun. People in Chicago and other cities are increasing at the mercy of criminals.
[*]And, heaven forbid, we need guns to resist if we ever had a tyrannical government.

+1

Many people are incapable of using cold, hard logic to rationalize a position. They cannot get their emotions out of the way and humanizing our cause is the only way to reach these people.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The above is false. The RINOs are Republicans who, as soon as there is pressure, agree to start compromising by supporting either patently unconstitutional regulations/laws or by passing restrictions that have no practical effect on criminals but do affect the law abiding in a negative way - as if they had been waiting for the opportunity all along. A Republican who makes a person-centered case (i.e. the human right case) for gun ownership will not be vilified and where it has been done intelligently and articulately those Republicans have been hailed as champions of the Second Amendment.

I do, however, like the picture!

I agree with respect to 2A. No compromise.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be fair, my observations tell me that its pretty much a wash between who has more open-minded folk in their camp and who has more ignoramuses.

But then again, the majority of "conservatives" I'm around believe that our form of government needs to be replaced with a theocracy. They also tend to replace the "t" word with "conservatism".

That said, I love this Reagan meme on Facebook. Sure brings out the folks who are ignorant worshippers of Reagan as the conservative ideal. If Reagan is the ideal for conservatism, then maybe real conservatives believe we should turn in our arms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom