Local pull up bars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ExtremistPullup:
Does extreme pullups

Can't walk moderate distances

LOL!!

They have two sets of pull-up bars, one on the south end of the park (Closest to 119th) pretty close to parking near the tennis courts, and the other set is on the north end closer to the houses and soccer fields, both are fairly near parking. Not super close, but it's a nice park. If you like to run AND do pull-ups, it's your kind of park.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would better collars fix the problem, or are the tolerances on the barball off a little? Just curious because I was thinking of picking up a pair.
I have some great collars bulldogs 7 sq in of surface area and can hold 380 lbs of static weight. I have a review video on my site.
I just don't want to take a chance with pullovers I would maybe to tricep extensions with them.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another thought is to search around for 2-7/8" or larger scrap oilfield tubing for uprights and whatever diameter tube or barstock (1-1/8" - 1-1/4") you'd want for the bar itself. Weld it, or have it welded. If you have an angle grinder, you can cut and fit everything together, which reduces the work a Weldor would have to do. A bomb proof pullup bar seems appropriate for your application.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some great collars bulldogs 7 sq in of surface area and can hold 380 lbs of static weight. I have a review video on my site.
I just don't want to take a chance with pullovers I would maybe to tricep extensions with them.

I read the review on your site. So its not so much the fact that they are CAP dumbell handles, but rather pullovers with any dumbell handle? That makes sense, just curious as I was debating between the CAP or a set from Gtechfitness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom