Lonesome Dove

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the best novels I've read and watch the series several times a year. Robert Duval portrayed Gus exactly as I imagined him in the book. Caught the last few minutes last night. Hell of a vision.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“If you only come face to face with your own mistakes once or twice in your life, it’s bound to be extra painful. I face mine every day ,that way they ain’t usually much worse than a dry shave.” said Gus.

I read a lot of his books. Didn't read Brokeback.

I am not sure it was a book, just a movie. He was co writer of the script.

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lonesome Dove is one of my favorites. I highly recommend it, especially to surly bartenders.

Choctaw Bingo is also is a good one. It probably makes too much sense.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My niece would watch Lonesome Dove and any other western for hours on end when she was small. My mom was babysitting her one day when she was around 5 y o, she was watching Lonesome Dove for the umpteenth time when she asked my mom, " grandma, what's a whore? " My mom diplomatically told her it was a woman who had several boyfriends instead of just one. She mulled it over for a bit then said " ole Gus sure does like them whores don't he grandma?"
Cracks me up to this day, that little western fan is now grown up and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine

Latest posts

Top Bottom