lots of gun issues at the range last Thursday.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Happy hollow last Thursday for the first time. I really liked the place. I felt safe, the infrastructure was in place to accomplish what you need- spotting scope, individual covered tables, etc. I wanted to sight in some scopes, and shoot some pistols. Sure had a slew of gun issues though. My CETME .308 tore a shell casing in half upon extraction, leaving the front half in the chamber, then the next shell wedged it in good. Just ordered a broken shell extractor. Then my CZ82 9x18 was operating just fine shooting silver bear ammo when a bullet stuck in the chamber, half in and half out of the muzzle! It is really stuck solid, so I need to poke it on through. My AR15 (just built) then failed to extract a shell, so I now have to figure out why. (shell in chamber, but intact) extractor won’t engage it. I will try to rod it out. Next I was firing my Tokarev, and it double tapped on me twice! I suspect cosmoline clogged the firing pin in the bolt– remarkable in that at 25 yds, the two target holes were less than a half inch apart. Shoots a fireball the size of a melon! The only gun that ran perfectly all day is my Makarov 9x18. Had a great time, just a bunch of strange issues. I now believe that a good cleaning/oiling probably would take care of most of the issues.
Tulsa Mike

Tulsa Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I sure could have been...the one that stuck in the muzzle blew back lots of gas in my face - Real strange report- the guy next to me said wow, that was a wierd sound! What happened? I looked down and the bullet was half in, half out of the muzzle - must not have beemn enough powder...talk about some inconsistent loads!
TM

samuel12

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
what kind of ammo were u shooting in your ar . i had the same problem when i was shooting wolf ammo in mine and i will not shoot it any more which stinks cause i had just bout a thousand rounds of the stuff

Latest posts

Top Bottom