• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy M65 Field Jacket...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 81.5%
22   5   0
I have one you can have for some 22 ammo. Has the us army patch on left breast. There is no name tape on it and it has a thunderbird patch on one shoulder. It’s too big for me. The liner is there and the entire thing is in good shape.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You might check with Brigadoon Surplus in Del City. They had a few OD ones the last time I was in there.
You probably aren’t going to find an issue one in 4x

i was looking for a 2x bdu top in there and came up short. Unless height/weight requirements are out the window, biggest you might find in used surplus is xl and that would even be rare

absolutely not throwing shade at the OP. I used to wear 3x and that was a pain in the ass too.
There Was is/ was a surplus place In the stockyards that I had a bunch of new Bdu stuff and extended sizes- Sam’s I’m pretty sure if they are still there

Oh is it a insurance adjuster and had to have stuff at almost disposable prices because would get ruined crawling under houses and things

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 81.5%
22   5   0
You probably aren’t going to find an issue one in 4x

i was looking for a 2x bdu top in there and came up short. Unless height/weight requirements are out the window, biggest you might find in used surplus is xl and that would even be rare
There are no height weight requirements if you score high enough on the acft now. Crazy times

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There are no height weight requirements if you score high enough on the acft now. Crazy times

that Test is a little soft now too - sheesh, I looked it up (for the Army) and legitimate thought I’d have a strong chance of passing it even now as a 52 yo chubby guy who only works out twice a week

Especially since you can do rowing machine or bicycle in lieu of the run

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 81.5%
22   5   0
that Test is a little soft now too - sheesh, I looked it up (for the Army) and legitimate thought I’d have a strong chance of passing it even now as a 52 yo chubby guy who only works out twice a week

Especially since you can do rowing machine or bicycle in lieu of the run
I haven’t done the bike but I can tell you I would rather run than use that rower.
Also the acft is easier to score minimum.
I would have to prepare for the apft.
I’ve never had to prepare for the acft.
The word is thought that the standards are increasing soon or the acft is going to be totally scrapped.
Either way it’s just a bunch of people doing silly stuff for people to watch them.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I haven’t done the bike but I can tell you I would rather run than use that rower.
Also the acft is easier to score minimum.
I would have to prepare for the apft.
I’ve never had to prepare for the acft.
The word is thought that the standards are increasing soon or the acft is going to be totally scrapped.
Either way it’s just a bunch of people doing silly stuff for people to watch them.

for sure the rower is an acquired taste. Personally I cultivated I love to rowing when they moved one of the Olympic rowing training centers to downtown Oklahoma City and it fascinated me

but I don’t see how that translates to “soldiering fitness” But the run has a direct correlation

One of my customers is currently a national guard guy and is a big beefy highway patrolman for his day job. He absolutely crushes it on the rower but admits he probably cannot even complete a 2 mile run because his knees are shot

I liked the heck out of the guy but you can’t hop on a rowing machine if you have to get the heck out of a bad situation fast in an ugly part of the world. But for the rest of us still pretty good test of general fitness I suppose

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 81.5%
22   5   0
for sure the rower is an acquired taste. Personally I cultivated I love to rowing when they moved one of the Olympic rowing training centers to downtown Oklahoma City and it fascinated me

but I don’t see how that translates to “soldiering fitness” But the run has a direct correlation

One of my customers is currently a national guard guy and is a big beefy highway patrolman for his day job. He absolutely crushes it on the rower but admits he probably cannot even complete a 2 mile run because his knees are shot

I liked the heck out of the guy but you can’t hop on a rowing machine if you have to get the heck out of a bad situation fast in an ugly part of the world. But for the rest of us still pretty good test of general fitness I suppose
In theory each event is supposed to grade us on certain things we would need during a mission.
However I never know when I’ll need to throw a ten pound medicine ball.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
In theory each event is supposed to grade us on certain things we would need during a mission.
However I never know when I’ll need to throw a ten pound medicine ball.

a loaded out M4 weighs about 10 pounds

i have noticed when John Wick runs out of ammo he will regularly throw the gun at the bad guy with even more lethality than a Neenja star!

Maybe that is the intent !

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 81.5%
22   5   0
a loaded out M4 weighs about 10 pounds

i have noticed when John Wick runs out of ammo he will regularly throw the gun at the bad guy with even more lethality than a Neenja star!

Maybe that is the intent !
Possibly if we were throwing the medicine ball in a straight line.
We throw the medicine ball backwards over our heads in an arching motion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom