Marijuana card

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Firstly having a medical marijuana card should not restrict you from anything, that's about the equivalent of saying because a doctor prescribed you a mood stabilizer so therefore you cannot carry a gun. Completely ridiculous logic from a "reefer madness" Era if you ask me. I would much rather have a stoner in possession of a weapon than someone that is drunk.
Have you heard what Tennessee is doing with taking away 2A rights if you get prescribed certain drugs (and the list is very long and will grow steadily to accomplish the gun control they desire)? Once the anti-gunners see how many people will be barred from owning guns it'll be nationwide so fast it will make your head spin... The really sorry part is that Tennessee's Republican Governor is working to get this passed - just plain ignorance IMO. We'll have to hope the Supreme Court shoots it down...

The "Tyranny of Good Intentions"

Last edited:

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you heard what Tennessee is doing with taking away 2A rights if you get prescribed certain drugs (and the list is very long and will grow steadily to accomplish the gun control they desire)? Once the anti-gunners see how many people will be barred from owning guns it'll be nationwide so fast it will make your head spin... The really sorry part is that Tennessee's Republican Governor is working to get this passed - just plain ignorance IMO. We'll have to hope the Supreme Court shoots it down...

The "Tyranny of Good Intentions"
The fun part for them is when they come knocking on people's doors for their guns, that will be a bad day for them.
I was raised that your right to bear arms and defend yourself is a God given right, the second ammendment is simply a reminder as to why you must bear arms. When they say theres no reason for high cap mags and fully auto weapons for hunting they're correct, those are needed for the tyrannical government part of the 2A reminder haha

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see two sides to this, do we really need dope heads carrying firearms? But then again do we need any more government overreach?
Much like anything else marijuana in excess is an impairment, aside from driving the only issue a "doper" is going to have is a slower reaction time and most likely a calmer head.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see two sides to this, do we really need dope heads carrying firearms? But then again do we need any more government overreach?

You could say the same about people that consume alcohol. There are already laws that target being in possession of a firearm while under the influence. We don't need more.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your making my point. I see no difference between them really
We will definitely have to agree to disagree on this one, coming from someone who has smoked off and on for years and used to drink I can say there's a major difference between someone who is drunk vs stoned. I do not agree that someone should be using either in excess while possessing a weapon but don't think that the casual one drink here or there is a concern. If anything I'm in a calmer mood and less likely to shoot someone unless absolutely necessary. At the end of the day it comes down to the individual as the value of a human life does not hold the same weight with certain people.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Firstly having a medical marijuana card should not restrict you from anything, that's about the equivalent of saying because a doctor prescribed you a mood stabilizer so therefore you cannot carry a gun. Completely ridiculous logic from a "reefer madness" Era if you ask me. I would much rather have a stoner in possession of a weapon than someone that is drunk.
Oh I'm not saying it's right...I'm just saying that as I understand things, that someone who uses pot (state legal or not) can't pass the 4473 test.

hbokc

Marksman
Reaction score

I don’t see people who use certain medications as ‘dope heads’…
But the dope heads carry no matter what the law says… just saying…

Latest posts

Top Bottom