Medical Examiner: Moore Warren In-Custody Death Homicide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand.
The struggle was not significant enough to kill him, but he was murdered?
The cardiac arrhythmia was due to physical restraint?
Wouldn't physical restraint more likely result in asphyxiation?
Maybe the asphyxiation lead to the cardiac arrhythmia?
Isn't there a legal precedent protecting Police Officers and Departments in such cases?
If the cause of death was asphyxiation, that feels like a stronger case for homicide.
I'm not a doctor or lawyer.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand. The struggle was not significant enough to kill him, but he was murdered? The cardiac arrhythmia was due to physical restraint? Wouldn't physical restraint more likely result in asphyxiation? Maybe the asphyxiation lead to the cardiac arrhythmia? Isn't there a legal precedent protecting Police Officers and Departments in such cases? If the cause of death was asphyxiation, that feels like a stronger case for homicide. I'm not a doctor or lawyer.

Homicide isn't necessarily murder. Homicide is a blanket term for the killing of a person. Manslaughter is homocide as is murder. There are also justified and excused homocides. The ME is only saying that in his opinion, the decedent's passing is due to the act of another person. That doesn't necessarily have any bearing on whether or not charges will be filed or whether or not a court would find the officers guilty of any crime.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Homicide isn't necessarily murder. Homicide is a blanket term for the killing of a person. Manslaughter is homocide as is murder. There are also justified and excused homocides. The ME is only saying that in his opinion, the decedent's passing is due to the act of another person. That doesn't necessarily have any bearing on whether or not charges will be filed or whether or not a court would find the officers guilty of any crime.
correct

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ME didn't have a "Justifiable" homicide box to check. Bet his family shows their ID from now on.

Alleged failure to show ID at a time where it may not even be required makes everything justified?

Sent at a speed of 3*10^8 meters per second via Tapatalk.

APeterson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alleged failure to show ID at a time where it may not even be required makes everything justified?
Absolutely not! However, If Mr. Rodriguez had cooperated with Law Enforcement, he would most likely be alive today.
Is this the Law Enforcement Officer's fault? Is this Luis Rodriguez' fault?
In my opinion, Yes to both. The LEO's should have been more understanding and less aggressive, and Mr. Rodriguez should also have complied with their lawful requests.

Latest posts

Top Bottom