MidwayUSA grrrrrrr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Matt Basterson

they're not foolin' anyone with those s/h charges, they're makin' money. i use the post office 'if it fits, it ships' boxes a lot. i once packed 49 pounds of wheel weights into one of the smaller boxes and used some good tape to seal it up, then shipped it across crountry for about 7 or 8 bucks if i remember right. the guy at the post office just laffed and sent it on.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wait until I get enought stuff that I want to order to make it worthwhile. Otherwise I ask my buddies if there are needing something, and they always are. Place the order and split the shipping with my buddies.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i guess they shouldn't pay the guy that pulls the part and packages it for shipping

I understand the sentiment here, but I disagree. To charge that extrememly for simply pulling the order is WAY beyond covering costs. It's an attempt to increase prices in a back door and dishonest manner. If it were something they were comfortable doing, you'd know about it BEFORE it showed up in your cart, one click away from commitment.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I understand the sentiment here, but I disagree. To charge that extrememly for simply pulling the order is WAY beyond covering costs. It's an attempt to increase prices in a back door and dishonest manner. If it were something they were comfortable doing, you'd know about it BEFORE it showed up in your cart, one click away from commitment.

I agree. The cost of paying this employee has already been figured into the price they are charging for the item. Just another way to get as much as they can from the consumer.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ace Hardware carries a lot of oddball pins, nuts bolts and screws. even in metric sizes. I always try them first unless it is a specialty part and sometimes that specialty part ain't so special in reality.

OSU

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately a lot of companies make a lot of money on shipping. When they ship high volumes, shipping prices are heavily negotiated. Much lower than you would think. A lot of companies will take a low margin on the product itself then try to rake you over the coals on shipping and make up for it on the back end. This is leads to people feeling like they are getting ripped at local stores even tough the may be taking the same margin all costs considered.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is from their website... there are many ways to see it as well

Special Handling Charge

MidwayUSA attempts to keep our costs as low as possible so we can give our Customers the best pricing in the Industry. Since we will accept any size order, there is a Special Handling Charge of $3.00 for all retail product orders under $25.00 and $4.00 for all dealer product orders under $40.00 to offset the additional costs associated with handling orders under these amounts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom