Military Heros

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marvinvwinkle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm probably the only one that didn't know this, but Mr Rodgers was a Navy Seal and won many awards for his service in Vietnam. Captain Kangaroo, Bob Kechan(SP), won the Navy Cross for his service as one of the original soldiers that landed on Okinawa as was Lee Marvin who won a Navy Cross as a member of Kechan's unit. For those that don't know the Navy Cross is the military award just below the Medal of Honor. I was stunned by this info. Maybe some you know others that have served and need our recognition of this service. I pick these people because they are of my generation and were generally recognize for other contributions. Mr Rogers' story is very interesting as is the rest of those mentioned.

Bless all our Heros that have served this country to preserve our freedom and not for awards, recognition, or personal gain. They truly deserve our thanks.

FlimFlam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hate to be the guy to do this.... but Rogers was born in '28 and didn't serve in the military. Great guy all the same.

Bob Keeshan did serve but not to the level toted in the email you most likely received.

About.com's take on Bob and Fred.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a2.bp.blogspot.com__iE6yqx4_O2E_S5fK1M0s2vI_AAAAAAAAAO4_eevQCLYk7Ak_s320_mr_rogers.jpg

Proof! :tounge2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom