Military Heros

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I'm a butt, but the original intent is still there. I'm also glad to see that we have all the people here that are willing to correct incorrect history. My bad. I see some of the same ole fact checkers are here.

If the moderators are here please lock or close this thread as fictitious. Thanks

Nah..don't feel bad about it. We all get hit by misinformation on the internet. I actually like hearing these things. It makes us think and do research on it.

Then we find out a lot of real interesting things about the people. For example, I just found out a few years ago about Audie Murphy's military history. He was amazing. I went through most of my life thinking he was just an actor.

I just ran across this the other day. I'm watching old episodes of Adam-12 on Netflix, and I decided to look up the history of the actors to see what they've been up to.

Here is what I found on Martin Milner. This is from Wiki which obviously is not gospel, so I'm wondering what "real" info we can find to verify or dispute it. It's interesting though.

In 1952, Milner was drafted into the U.S. Army. In Special Services at Fort Ord on California's Monterey Bay peninsula, he directed training films and, with fellow actor/soldier David Janssen, emceed and performed in skits to entertain the soldiers. Milner and Janssen encouraged fellow soldier Clint Eastwood to pursue an acting career when his time in the Army ended.

Again...that's from wiki, so the info is questionable and needs verified.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey,... Julia Child was OSS.

aassets.nydailynews.com_img_2008_08_15_amd_juliachild.jpg

Heeeeellloooooooooooo!

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
James Arness wanted to be a naval fighter pilot, but he felt his poor eyesight would bar him. His height of 6 feet 7 inches (2.01 m) ended his hopes, since 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 m) was the limit for aviators. Instead, he was called for the Army and reported to Fort Snelling in March 1943.

Arness served as a rifleman with the U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, and was severely wounded during Operation Shingle, at Anzio, Italy.

According to James Arness – An Autobiography, he landed on Anzio Beachhead on January 21, 1944 as a rifleman with 2nd Platoon, E Company, 2nd Battalion, 7th Regiment of the 3rd Infantry Division. Due to his height, he was the first ordered off his landing craft to determine the depth of the water; it came up to his waist.

On January 29, 1945, having undergone surgery several times, Arness was honorably discharged. His wounds have bothered him ever since, and in recent years Arness has suffered from acute leg pain which even prevents him from mounting a horse. He underwent a series of operations to remove bullet fragments that had fused into the bone.[citation needed]

His decorations include the Bronze Star Medal, Purple Heart; the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with three bronze battle stars, the World War II Victory Medal and the Combat Infantryman Badge.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marvin if I had a nickle for everytime I..................
Good post just the same.
There's some good info in it.
And at least I'll know now when I get that email.

Latest posts

Top Bottom