Mobile Phone for kids - prepaid vs family plan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeekShot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
:violin:Thinking about getting prepaid mobile for my teen vs adding him to a family plan with AT&T. Prepaid seems like the way to go as far as limiting the costs. No surprise overages and the phones seem cheap to replace if lost. Any thoughts?

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:violin:Thinking about getting prepaid mobile for my teen vs adding him to a family plan with AT&T. Prepaid seems like the way to go as far as limiting the costs. No surprise overages and the phones seem cheap to replace if lost. Any thoughts?

If your teen is a texting machine like mine you can go with virgin mobile and get 300 anytime minutes, unlimited text, picture messaging and unlimited web for only $25 a month.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is NO WAY I would add a kid to a family plan. Prepaid is the way to go. cricket and others are more reliable than they used to be, so that could be an option. $40 and use it till you are tired of it.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

There is a shop east of rockwell called the wireless shop or something similar, he has a service is a flat fee service. Think it is att and verizon towers or something.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't do it man!!! A cell phone is the first step to corruption and trouble!

I can say this cause it's MY nephew that he's talking about. And yes I would probably be involved in the corruption and trouble!!!

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Walmart has no-contract unlimited plans... you might look into it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom