Most excruciating pain I've ever experienced...so far.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If'n it was brought on by donuts, it might be worth the pain. But I haven't had donuts in a LONG time.

View attachment 427919
Well we're done here, donut depravation, boom baby, your body is trying to tell you something. I do hope you start feeling better, now get to Dunkin.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've read that coffee is actually ok to have...as long as it's black.

What gets me is that I've read that some foods trigger it, then others say the same foods do not trigger it. I don't know what to believe. :anyone:
foods will trigger it. Foods that raise the uric acid levels are what causes the deposits and the end result is inflammation. then swelling. beer is not good anything citrus moderation is key for me

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Between the gout and RA destroying my joints over the years Ive been on pain management for over ten years. I cant make fists any longer and have had one arm and both hands operated on. one knee all due to gout. IF I had just forced myself to take the allopurinol years ago. I wouldn't be in the situation im in now.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like many here, I have cases of gout that flare up 2 or 3 times a year. They usually effect my big toe and hurt like a bastard for a few days. After about 8 years or so, I've learned to recognize it when it comes along and act accordingly.

However...

I woke up Sunday morning with a new flare up. This one is in me ankle. Let me tell ya...you think the toe hurts? Holy sheet! I can barely walk! I've hobbled around here all week with a cane and I feel like I'd be better off in a pine box!

For me fellow believers out there, I indeedly covet your prayers. This is awful, just awful. :cry3:

I’ve had several flare ups in the past 4-5 yrs. Dr gave me endomethicin and it helps but the last time I went to an urgent care clinic and along with that he gave me some steroids and they helped get the initial pain down in a couple of hours to about 80/85% better and then slowly the rest went away, I avoid beer ( that one sucks) turkey, asparagus, mushrooms, shellfish and wild game meat and have been doing ok, good luck with it !

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read this:

"A healthy diet to help prevent gout will include vegetables, fruits, low-fat dairy, and complex carbohydrates, such as whole grains and beans.

A gout prevention diet also involves avoiding certain foods, particularly:

• Meat, particularly organ meats, like liver, and game meats, like venison
  • Seafood, including fish and shellfish
  • Alcohol, including wine, spirits, and especially beer"

But never mind the fact it's a potential recipe for T2D (except for avoiding alcohol-that's a given).

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tart cherry juice!
Tried that once.
I love cherry juice. Wif wasn't real happy about the "tart".

Never heard about shrimp being a trigger. I gotta have shrimp. I haven't been triggered, yet. Same with coffee.

Hot dogs and bologna seem to be the top culprits. Haven't had either in years.

Hope you find some relief, soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom