Dewalt just landed on my poopy list

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a big mixture of power tools too . . . several Porter Cable, Ryobi and some Makita drill motors. My Craftsman table saw is going on 30 years old and still cuts fine. The Hitachi miter saw works fine, but the adjustment knob on the back broke so I need to use a wrench to adjust it now.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a mixture of power tools, mostly Dewalt as my son has been in the commercial electrical trades for twenty years who has told me Dewalt is the brand most often seen on commercial sites. I have several Dewalt drills, angle grinders, saws, and all of them were made in Mexico. So far none have let me down.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dewalts are made on the same assembly line that black and decker junk is made on.

Thers also two differing lines of dewalts, stay away from the atomic crap.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been a Porter Cable guy, then a Rigid guy, and after those two brands took a big bathroom break I started buying Dewalt.

Just picked up a nice table saw after my Porter Cable finally went after 12 years.

The saw looked great. Cut like crap. Thought it was me. Went through 1/4 sheet of plywood trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Figured out it wasn’t me, the blade was out of square. Looked square, but would wiggle when power was on. Followed the manual but wouldn’t stay Square. Had to take the entire saw apart to tighten the internal adjustment method.

2 hours later my saw will actually cut. Sure I’d expect this on Ryobi, but if I’m paying a premium I expect premium assembly. Just had to vent. Lol. It feels like nothing is assembled properly anymore. I had to figure it out myself because DeWALT was “experiencing higher than normal call volume.” Haha……..sure.
Twenty years ago I tried to buy a Dewalt jigsaw. Biggest POS I have ever purchased. The thing always cut to the left no matter what I did. I took it back and the second one did the same thing. I bought a Porter Cable and never looked back. I dropped it a few years ago and bent the floorplate. I called Porter Cable to get a part number and they sent me another free of charge. All my drills and drivers are Milwaukee. Dewalt is what the company provided when I was with them and I hated them compared to my Milwaukee.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dewalt contractor table saws aren't made for precision cuts as needed in furniture making. They are intended for construction use in framing, cutting sheathing and such. Ditto for the Ridgid, Bosch and other contractor saws. I'm not saying you can't do good work on them but something like this is a far less fiddly and much easier, repeatable and consistent deal. Even without the tricked out Incra fence and mitre.

IMG_0611.JPG

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When Black & Decker bought DeWalt, I knew the quality would suffer and I would be avoiding buying them.

Luckily, at my age and diminishing mobility, and stocked shop; I dont foresee many tool purchases or needs.
My construction jobs are limited.

Latest posts

Top Bottom