MSNBC Host: Your Kids Belong to the Collective

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone actually surprised that people think this way? Really?

This message/mantra is decades old...it's no secret.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It may be an old mantra or premise, but now its being developed and instituted on a state by state basis.

These standards were adopted in Oklahoma on June 25, 2010 and will be fully implemented in Oklahoma during the 2014-2015 school year.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this is true...I do believe someone owes me A LOT OF MONEY! I feel entitled now!
We raised 5 girls without the help of the "Community" - so if that's who really "owns" them - where can I collect my money?
It cost me a helluva lot to raise their kids!
:screwy:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

For the benefit of those not old enough to have heard the actual words, this comes from the era of Kruschev when he stated that the U.S. would be defeated from within.

The only possible "saving grace" with this story is that it came from MSNBC, thus perhaps 1% might have actually heard her words.

Now, as for schools.....I was once a school board member, and I can confidently say that not all teachers are the "salt of the earth." At least with administrators, the school board can fire them in any given year. Once a teacher gets tenure, it takes moving mountains to get rid of them.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It may be an old mantra or premise, but now its being developed and instituted on a state by state basis.

These standards were adopted in Oklahoma on June 25, 2010 and will be fully implemented in Oklahoma during the 2014-2015 school year.

I don't know/remember the specifics, but, within the last 3 or 4 weeks, an Oklahoma legislator (from the Tulsa area) proposed a bill that would stop/suspend/block the Common Core initiative in Oklahoma. However, from what I am told, Mary Fallin and Janet Barissi pressured the speaker or education committee chairman to NOT allow the legislation to be heard.

RINO Fallin and Barissi both support Common Core:

"Oklahoma Superintendent of Public Instruction Janet Barresi is pressing for the Common Core in Oklahoma, and has support from Governor Mary Fallin. Like Haley, both of the Oklahoma women are conservative Republicans. The National Governors Association, the Council of Chief State School Officers, and many chambers of Commerce also back the Common Core"

Read more here:

http://capitolbeatok.com/reports/conservatives-remain-critical-of-common-core

Big Government Mary Fallin's true colors are shining bright!

The Tulsa Chamber of Commerce is also supporting/backing the implementation of Common Core.

http://www.tulsachamber.com/general/1402/arts-ed-at-tps-any-given-child/11

Last edited:

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It won't matter with common core. Private schools or home schooling, you have to pass the test that they mandate. They are basically forcing you to teach what they want you to regardless of where they are being indoctrinated... I mean educated.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom