Must do's in Colorado

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the directions. We'll be moving in our RV to the Colorado Springs are in mid July to live near the wife's sisters and other family. I'll have to wait until I get acclimated to the altitude before I attempt that hike, but it looks like a good one to do. Yes, we saw the dinosaur tracks, if you are talking about the ones that a person can see from underneath them. Here are some photos that I took of those on the Skyline Drive.

Incidentally, if anyone else is interested in the Skyline Drive, it is located just off of Highway 50 west of Canon City. I'm thinking that the turnoff is right near some kind of roadside business there, perhaps a rafting business. And yes, rafting on the river there is cool. Last photo is of some of our family rafting. Guess I need to try that sometime myself.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Phantom Canyon Road is dirt/gravel that goes into Victor from the East. Shelf Road would bring one in West of Victor between Victor and Cripple Creek, closer to Cripple Creek.

Then I went down phantom canyon road. It goes into victor from the east and kinda goes behind cheyenne mountain somewhat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom