My insurance guy is saying that premiums are climbing in Okla due to last year's hail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least the self interest of the trial lawyers and regular working folks were not diametrically opposed. :wink2:
If you are referring to the self interest of separating others from their money, you are correct on some levels. I have seen some good hard working small business owners run through the ringer over ridiculous claims brought against them by unsavory employment law firms or the EEOC. I think the interest of those working folks are diametrically opposed to those of many trial lawyers.

I'm not bashing attorneys. There are plenty of good ones too. I don't have a problem with tort reform in the slightest though.

As for the insurance companies, we live in a hotbed of tornadoes and we are now adding numerous hail storms/ice storms every year. The last of which was the single biggest insurance claim event ever for most Oklahoma insurance carriers. Anyone think the rates didn't go up in New Orleans after it flooded? Do you think hurricane areas don't pay high premiums? Unfortunately we have had lousy weather and some natural disasters. I can see why we would be rated as a high risk area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom