My new LERCH knife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okieyote

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I was referring to when I said rough. I figured the blade wasn't supposed to be shiny or his post would have been showing us all how terrible it is. The fit of handle to tang looks rather poor. It actually looks clocked as its low in the rear and high in the front. At least it appears to be in the second image.

I see what your talking about on the handle. The picture does make the fit look pretty rough. It's actually not bad at all, in fact I didn't notice it till after I saw the picture. I'm still really happy with it! Steve makes a good knife.

Last edited:

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would think, that is the look the maker was going for, I would personally go for a little better fit on the scales to the tang, I have done that type of handle before its just random cuts from the belt sander and maybe sand blasted, I have done both. I now use a file for the textured look it gives you a better feeling handle without the sharp edges, but maintains the 3d look. With that said its really about the knife maker and knife buyer if both are happy that's what matters, all techinical aspects aside, you can not judge heat treat and edge retention from a photo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom