Need Ideas for Cooking Whole Llama...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's just hope neanderthal doesn't see this thread... he will either:

A) be pissed.
B) help you make the llama's last day its best...*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

I've recently upgraded to alpacas. I still love me some llama, but alpacas are shorter (no stepstool required).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll cut past the BS.
If you want to do one whole, or a split half(better) you will have to weld up a grate with 10" centers,(don't use galvanized panels) to wire each half or the whole animal of your choice to.
You will have to wire the animal to the grate. You will need to build a huge fire of wood like hickory, pecan, etc, to create a bed of coals.

Build a stack of cement blocks over the fire to lay the support arms of your grate on. Keep spare blocks handy as, when the split or whole animal is turned over, you want the animal to be the same distance from the coals.

Baste with the mop, a mixture of BBQ sauce, and olive oil, with spices like garlic, salt, pepper, etc, during the cooking process.

Keep shoveling coals from the fire you keep going on the side, under the grate to maintain an even heat. 24 hours later when your hung over, and wasted, your guests will have a meal they won't forget.
You will most likely be in bed, passed out.

daugbl5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as there is still cow to eat why would you eat a damn llama. Funny you mention the partying with a llama... You should youtube llamas breeding. what a lazy animal lol

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've recently upgraded to alpacas. I still love me some llama, but alpacas are shorter (no stepstool required).

So have you ever heard of the phrase "I just couldn't get to town"? Because, what you just said made me think of an old saying that a feller would say in a story he would tell involving a step stool and ....... uh....... farm critters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom