Need lighter trigger for Ar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys,

I have a Remington R-15. I really like it, but would like a lighter, better trigger. Anyone have any suggestions, recommendations? How hard is it to change out the trigger?

Thanks!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Not hard to do. You will have to disassemble the innards of the lower, but that's not difficult. You can find picture guides on several forums.

I have a RRA 2stage in my AR, and it's much better. At $120 they are the cheapest upgraded trigger (other than modifying the standard GI trigger). There are more expensive ones, and can be worth it, if that's what you want.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
learn how to do trigger job and do it for free.

you really don't want too light of a trigger on an AR. you will be pleasantly surprised at what lightly stoning your sear without changing angles, applying moly can improve in smoothness and trigger pull weight.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
learn how to do trigger job and do it for free.

you really don't want too light of a trigger on an AR. you will be pleasantly surprised at what lightly stoning your sear without changing angles, applying moly can improve in smoothness and trigger pull weight.
Emphasis on LIGHT stoning! You can cut through the case hardening quick fast and in a hurry if you stone too aggressively

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used a crock stick to make a near mirror finish on bolt gun triggers. I think I will try it on my AR after hearing from you all. thanks!

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JP enterprises makes spring kit that is real easy to install. they come in combo's to make your trigger pull either 4.5 or 3.0 lbs. Easier than doing a trigger job yourself and only a few bucks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom