Need Vacation advise from OSA!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and i took a week off in july for our vacation. We thought about driving around colorado, pikes peak, durango and so on but gas is high and we have a tahoe. WHERE else in the 48 states could we enjoy for a week and fly in and out??? New york? california? Anyone know of any hot spots?? We have done vegas several times dont think i can go to the hoover dam again. Thanks OSA...

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you wanted to to Colorado... Fly in and rent a gas saver. Other places I like:

Carmel California (If you stay around Palo Alto, not to far to Monterey/Carmel/San Fran. Besides, only need 3 words, Pebble Beach, Lone Cypress and Spyglass :))
Yakima, WA (Tietons, Mt Rainier, awesome nature... AWESOME)
Any of our national parks...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The cost of two round trip tickets plus a rental car would buy a lot of gas. You might run the numbers and stick to your original plan. We had planned a fly-away family vacation this year and decided to drive instead, of course we were looking at round trip tix for a family of five so YMMV.

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stay in this bed and breakfast called Pikes peak resort. Its in woodland park, CO and it is amazing. You can rent cabins that are semi-secluded or you can stay in his mansion like B&B and it is also amazing. I highly recommend it.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you've never been, I would recommend Mt Rushmore & Yellowstone. You can fly in to Jackson, but I would drive.

PS I think gas may be coming back down. I heard on the radio as much as fity-cents a gallon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom