Need Vacation advise from OSA!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard Ouray, CO is a nice destination. The larger the vehicle, the sweatier the palms on that road (or so I've heard).

aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_3_3d_Million_Dollar_Highway_10_2006_09_13.jpg

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you've never been, I would recommend Mt Rushmore & Yellowstone. You can fly in to Jackson, but I would drive.

PS I think gas may be coming back down. I heard on the radio as much as fity-cents a gallon.

+1 those are both great places to go, depending on what week you have off you could go to the Alpenfest in Gaylord Michigan.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two words;

Puerto Rico.

You will never want to come home. We snorkeled at a shipwreck off Monkey Island. That's right. Monkey Island. Find Captain Paco at 787-850-7881. You can also kayak in a bio-luminescent bay. No passport needed. Hike in the rain forest, swim under GIANT waterfalls. We even brought back gold that we found in a stream on a mountain. I want to go back, take over the island, and rule with an iron fist. Then I will never leave again.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Albuquerque, NM. About an 8.5 hour drive due west from OKC on I-40. B&B there called the Bottger Mansion (google it) that is very cool, reasonable and right on the edge of Old Town. Had the most fun there in a long time. Old Town is surprisingly not a tourist trap when it comes to prices; tons of cool shops, a museum, art, eateries, etc You can get hooked up for a hot air balloon ride, which was a real adventure and well worth the price...my wife loved it! A must-do for sure, ride the world's longest tramway up to the top of Sandia peak to watch the sunset out over 200 miles of western desert. There's an avg of 50 degrees temp drop from the base to the top! Beautiful scenery. Then back down for dinner at the restaurant at the tram's base...excellent food! Also, must eat at El Pinto, it's a landmark and awesome chow. A favorite of the locals is the diner in back of Duran's Pharmacy; believe it or not! About two blocks easr of the B&B.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We drove up to South Dakota last summer and the whole family had a great time. Along the way to Mt Rushmore we stopped at all the tourist traps (Buffalo Bill Cody House, Pony Express Mail Depot, old Sod Houses, etc) which broke up the drive. We stayed 3 days in Rapid City and couldn't believe what a good time we had. Check out this site http://www.visitrapidcity.com/ Top on our list was Crazy Horse, Rushmore, Bear Park, and Tiki Park inside our hotel.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We go to southern Colorado on the front range. Little place called Cuchara. Easy day trips to Pike's Peak, Spring's, Royal Gorge, Sand Dunes, northern New Mexico. Kit Carson Peak if you hike. Several easy hiking trails around. Cool train trip up to the top of LaVeta pass....usually a music concert going on up there.
On the way....stop at the NRA Whittington Center at Raton, NM and shoot a while.
Colorado reciprocates on CCW if you have it.

From Stillwater we can be there is just over 9 hrs (with a lunch stop) if we take Hwy 51 straight west till it stops then take some of the good Texas farm to market roads straight across the panhandle to Dalhart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom