New 50 year old toy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to post a picture of the camera gear I inherited from my stepmom to see if it’s worth holding onto or not

Do that, but be aware that used camera equipment doesn't bring much when one goes to sell them. At least, that's been the experience that I have seen.

On the other hand, one might find someone that just happens to be looking for what you have.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found a Canon F1 at a local antique store. Camera and two lenses for $42.00. Just got it back from DC Camera in Dell City, he did a good clean, lube and alignment job on it.
For the younger folks here, this was Canon’s first professional camera, made to compete with the Nikon F and F2. Lots of journalists carried these tough as nails cameras. Waiting for the temps to warm up a bit so I can run a roll of film through it.

You got one heck of a fine camera. Congrats!
I bought an F1 at a PX overseas in the 70's for about $300 which was a bargain compared to stateside prices. Incredible camera. Lost it when the vehicle it was riding in was involved in a flood of my own undertaking. (long story)

Latest posts

Top Bottom