new humidor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uniquediversity

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i am new to cigars and just got my new Rocky Patel humidor and have it ready to go and have a little selection of cigars to try. any suggestions or advice for a cigar noob.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How many cigars does it hold? Smoking the good ones gets pricey, find ya a decent every day type for buddies an yard work, save the good ones for evenings like past saturday.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing its a desk top humidor. Throw away the hygrometer that came with it(if its a dial) and get an adjustable digital hygrometer. Use the salt test....look this up on you tube....or buy a liquid/gel pack to set the hygometer.

***Remember*** No lighter fluid lighters(Zippo& lighter fluid). Use a torch lighter(butane) I have several Xikar or get a Zippo( I have a few of these also) and pull out the fluid innards and get a butane insert.

Cohiba

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is awesome i had no idea they made butane inserts for zippos! now i can use my grandpas old zippo he carried in korea when i enjoy my next cigar. it will be hard to part with my colibri though... as far as tips for you humidor be sure to use purified water to charge your gel if you go that way

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is awesome i had no idea they made butane inserts for zippos! now i can use my grandpas old zippo he carried in korea when i enjoy my next cigar. it will be hard to part with my colibri though... as far as tips for you humidor be sure to use purified water to charge your gel if you go that way

Only charge gel with propylene glycol, use DISTILLED water only for sponge type humidifiers and to season the humidor

MuTau007

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Humi packs are a lifesaver if you forget to attend to the moister levels...

My father, Jamie Garcia
Hoya De Monterey
Don Thomas (great for yard/garage work)

uniquediversity

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the humidor ready. It set in a walk in humidor for 3 days I brought it home and put distilled water on sponge and wiped down the inside and filled the humidifier with distilled water. I know how to cut and light the proper way. I would like some suggestions on cigars to try. I am a fan already of a few but want to broaden my selection and collection.

Latest posts

Top Bottom