New Orleans French Quarter.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lake Pontchartrain bridge freaks me out every time I go over it.

Don't talk to strangers. Don't look like a tourist.

Everything mentioned is cool.

Beignets and coffee, mmmm. Seafood, mmm.

on the road...tapatalkn

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, don't miss it before it is gone. Lots of years" Fat City" would have been on the list, but it has been gone many years, I got to spend 4 days of Martigras there in the 70's, the year before the big police strike. I can see why they went on strike the next year.

I stood on the top of a 10 ft stepladder with a telephoto lens on a 35mm camera. You can count 13 one mile stoplights with masses of people on each side of the street watching just one of the many parades. Lots of crazy stuff. Nice to visit, would not like to live there.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I would try and take one of the history tours if you have the time and don't plan on going back for a while. The one we took went through the 9th ward and where the levy broke. We also went to the oldest cemetery and that was pretty cool. We learned a lot on the tour. We also bought the pass for the trolley system and we could hop on and off at different areas.

We basically went to go to the karaoke bar we watch on earth cams. Don't waste you money on the ghost tours. They basically take you through the french quarter and tell you ghost stories. They do how ever take you by the most haunted places to stay.You won't have any problems on bourbon street because there are state police everywhere.
http://www.earthcam.com/usa/louisiana/neworleans/bourbonstreet/?cam=catsmeowkaraoke

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We took a tour before our cruise ship left the port there. Driver drove us around the city.
We saw a lot but the bus didn't have time to stop.We wanted to walk around, not enough time .Wanna go back...

Last edited:

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We took a tour before our cruise ship left the port there. Driver drove us around the city.
We saw a lot but the bus didn't have time to stop.We wanted to walk around, not enough time .Wanna go back...
We are talking about taking a tour around the place. I am ready to go. We had planned to fly down Sunday, but we decided to go to the Sunday Thunder game, so we are leaving early Monday morning. It's going to be a long, but hopefully fun week. We should have pretty good weather next week. Shows in the 70s, so I am sure we will do a lot of walking the place.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are talking about taking a tour around the place. I am ready to go. We had planned to fly down Sunday, but we decided to go to the Sunday Thunder game, so we are leaving early Monday morning. It's going to be a long, but hopefully fun week. We should have pretty good weather next week. Shows in the 70s, so I am sure we will do a lot of walking the place.
Take an umbrella. Before it rains, umbrellas are a buck, when it's raining $5.00 to $10.00 (depending how hard it raining).
Don't talk or get into conversations with anyone that's not another tourist. Trust me on that...Ha! Everyone is on the hustle on Bourbon Street.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take an umbrella. Before it rains, umbrellas are a buck, when it's raining $5.00 to $10.00 (depending how hard it raining).
Don't talk or get into conversations with anyone that's not another tourist. Trust me on that...Ha! Everyone is on the hustle on Bourbon Street.
I have heard this. My boss goes every year. We will be with him and his wife most of the time. I'm not to worried about the rain. We are both just hoping to see some good blues and street music.

Latest posts

Top Bottom