Nissan Frontier Owners sound off!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No opinion on Frontier trucks but since it was a lease/fleet vehicle it more than likely was a rental car. A lot of the dealer lots buy from auctions and the majority of the auction cars are leased vehicles ( fleets, rentals etc). Also what I have seen a lot of is these cars are coming from the north or rust belt regions, meaning they have a fair amount of rust/corrosion underneath. Somehow I suspect that they cycle the rust belt cars down here in auctions, maybe because after a couple of years up north they are really starting to rot underneath. Just take a look at the metal under the vehicle, compare it to others to make sure its not one of them.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No opinion on Frontier trucks but since it was a lease/fleet vehicle it more than likely was a rental car. A lot of the dealer lots buy from auctions and the majority of the auction cars are leased vehicles ( fleets, rentals etc). Also what I have seen a lot of is these cars are coming from the north or rust belt regions, meaning they have a fair amount of rust/corrosion underneath. Somehow I suspect that they cycle the rust belt cars down here in auctions, maybe because after a couple of years up north they are really starting to rot underneath. Just take a look at the metal under the vehicle, compare it to others to make sure its not one of them.
Thanks for the advice!
The CarFax says this:
06/23/2012 NH Independent Source VEHICLE MANUFACTURED AND SHIPPED TO DEALER
08/20/2012 NH Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
09/06/2012 MANCHESTER, NH 5 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:12631790) (Lien Reported)
09/06/2012 MANCHESTER, NH Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
12/10/2012 SAN ANTONIO, TX Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
12/17/2012 SAN ANTONIO, TX 5,500 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:01537341251100718) (Lien Reported)
05/12/2013 TX 10,016 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
05/13/2013 TX 10,016 Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FLEET/LEASE
05/21/2013 OWASSO, OK 10,016 Dealer Record VEHICLE IN DEALER INVENTORY
06/10/2013 OWASSO, OK 10,016 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:720713161025)

So this means I will definitely be underneath the thing...Looks like it was sold in New Hampshire initially.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I am reading that right it looks like it spent about the first half of its life up there in NH, or around 5500 miles or so. By date it was up there for at least half of a winter season. I dont think you will notice much if any problems from underneath.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I am reading that right it looks like it spent about the first half of its life up there in NH, or around 5500 miles or so. By date it was up there for at least half of a winter season. I dont think you will notice much if any problems from underneath.

It is only a year old...I'll still check it out thanks again!

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had one for a bit 2005, like the truck. Was a little light on payload ability. If you plan on doing full-size truck stuff, get a full size truck or suffer buyers remorse.

Dad has the V6. Pulling a 17' bass boat is a pain with it in my opinion. The slightest incline triggers a downshift, which means you get to listen to it scream at 5K all the way up the hill. On our last trip to Sardis, we did somewhere in the neighborhood of 12mpg pulling a 17' bass boat - and you could feel the boat. When we took my V8 F150 (4.6L) the year before, we did 15mpg and rarely downshifted on the highway, and it felt like a hot knife through butter.

That said, he loves the truck. The only differences from that one in the link (I think) is that it's a 2011 RWD.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dad has the V6. Pulling a 17' bass boat is a pain with it in my opinion. The slightest incline triggers a downshift, which means you get to listen to it scream at 5K all the way up the hill. On our last trip to Sardis, we did somewhere in the neighborhood of 12mpg pulling a 17' bass boat - and you could feel the boat. When we took my V8 F150 (4.6L) the year before, we did 15mpg and rarely downshifted on the highway, and it felt like a hot knife through butter.

That said, he loves the truck. The only differences from that one in the link (I think) is that it's a 2011 RWD.

This one isn't a slushbox...
It's a 6-spd standard

Latest posts

Top Bottom