No more Hesitation Targets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does not say what you need for it to say.
The woman on the phone, (whoever she may be) doesn't say that DHS or DOJ has ordered any of these targets. She claims that they were "requested by law enforcement" whatever that means.

They are available for purchase. Maybe DHS will put in an order today. Who knows?

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The purpose of these targets is not square range or qualification training.

They are generally used for suprise courses or exercises where the student does not see the target in advance and is forced to make a shoot or don't shoot decision.

Some are designed well and some are designed poorly i.e. postures, facial expressions, etc should indicate a threat or not depending on circumstances.

They are not intended to be hung up and blazed away at. They are intended to be for reactionary/judgement training.

To be honest I am quite suprised that this is coming up now; These type of targets have been in use in the public and private training sector for over two decades.

I guess it gives the conspiracy crowd something to talk about other than drones......:lookaroun

Michael Brown

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

They are generally used for suprise courses or exercises where the student does not see the target in advance and is forced to make a shoot or don't shoot decision.

Some are designed well and some are designed poorly i.e. postures, facial expressions, etc should indicate a threat or not depending on circumstances.

They are not intended to be hung up and blazed away at. They are intended to be for reactionary/judgement training.

To be honest I am quite suprised that this is coming up now; These type of targets have been in use in the public and private training sector for over two decades.

I guess it gives the conspiracy crowd something to talk about other than drones......:lookaroun

Michael Brown

You guys are probably right. I've always been skeptical of conspiracy theories but the way this govt is acting as of late sure makes a fella suspicious.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Michael Brown

That was my initial thought, but the name seems to imply otherwise. In the case of these targets you would think one would want some hesitation. And combined with the government buying up enough ammo to last them a century at normal use rates and state governments talking about confiscation you can see how it makes one wonder. On the other hand, maybe they are just poorly named.

Latest posts

Top Bottom