Non hunters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot varmits when need be but never really got into hunting. I understand the thrill but couldn't sit in a blind or stand for hours. Now shooting hogs out of a helicopter? I would do that tomorrow!

Camach

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody in my family hunted or owned guns. How I got the bug, I don't know. I suspect it was from reading books when I was a kid. I still love to read.

This is about the same for me. I've done a little bird hunting with friends but it really didn't do much for me. I would like to go prairie dog hunting tho. :D

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I certainly like seeing the reasonable responses here. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to hunt. My brother tried it for a year or two and decided it wasn't for him, thats cool.

As far as my dad, he likes to use the term "pick your battles" and choosing not to fight the battle of gun ownership is his choice. He's a smart cookie, I am sure he has weighed the risks vs benefits for his situation. I respect his choice.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scared up half dozen or so doe the other night while riding my mountain bike. Got another buck today. Maybe 30-40 feet away. Couldn't decide who was more startled. Never really considered how'd they taste or what kind of mount he'd make.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only hunt with a camera. Whole different type of challenge since I don't use a zoom lens. That means we gotta get up real close & be real quiet. To have a bear walk by and sling snot & saliva on you is a helluva adrenaline rush. If only I coulda got a pic of that!! Too damn skerid to flinch!

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody in my family hunted or owned guns.

Just the opposite for me. My entire Oklahoma side of my family is born and raised in Osage county- everybody Im related to there hunts and fishes but me, and they all have mini arsenals. My brother invites me to go all the time near where they live rural Pawhuska but I havent hunted or fished there though since my father passed away in 1997'. It was just something we did with my dad ever since we were little and when he died it all died for me, just not into any of it without him. He left me some nice hunting and fishing gear that I have given to my nephews when they got of age. My FIL and BIL from Tulsa hunt and fish and have invited me many times to go, but Im usually busy. The FIL is really into it, after retiring from AA he has been going all over the US on big hunting and fishing trips. The one thing I do love to do in the season for it is dive for abalone back home in CA with my older brother who lives near Monterey Bay- usually tho being in better shape he does the better diving, but I still get to do the eating later.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is about the same for me. I've done a little bird hunting with friends but it really didn't do much for me. I would like to go prairie dog hunting tho. :D

I'm pretty much full bore hunting. Vacations were scheduled around seasons. When I got married 27 years ago, the bride knew the #1 rule......don't interfere in the fall. :D Still married, but now its like, I need my weekend at home alone, don't you have to be hunting/fishing somewhere?
Why, Yes I do! :D

Nobody in her family hunted either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom