Not sure what this guy wanted...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MAN!​

I just don't get why you guys are so darned nice to people who are obviously panhandlers.

Try this...

Get the hell away from me you F*&^% BUM!

Works like a charm and the look on their face is just priceless.

For some wierd reason it always embarasses the hell out of my wife. I've explained to her repeatedly its not our job to support lying scum beggars but she still gets embarassed. I just don't get it.

Really - I don't get it. Why must we even give the time of day to those people?

This ... I don't get why these people think that just because I am an old woman I am a sucker ... :grumble:

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I give to charity, not to beggars. I know from experience that some robbers will approach you asking for money first while they check you and the environment before the attack.
If somebody approaches me like that, I will extend my arm and yell stop. If that doesn't do it, I'm going for the gun I am already holding. I will not allow somebody I don't know get too close for comfort. If there are two and are moving in a way that will put me in a position between them, no warning needed, even if those people don't seem to be related.
The main thing is to be able to read body language. A person getting ready to attack does not act the same as an innocent person. You can feel the difference. It is very important to be able to read people.
Another solution is escape, walk fast away, the more distance the better, I can outshoot any bum given some distance. If the opponent starts walking faster, run to a place that offers cover and then face him. Yelling attracts attention, criminals don't like attention. The last thing I'd want is to let the other person control what is happening.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I give to charity, not to beggars. I know from experience that some robbers will approach you asking for money first while they check you and the environment before the attack.
If somebody approaches me like that, I will extend my arm and yell stop. If that doesn't do it, I'm going for the gun I am already holding. I will not allow somebody I don't know get too close for comfort. If there are two and are moving in a way that will put me in a position between them, no warning needed, even if those people don't seem to be related.
The main thing is to be able to read body language. A person getting ready to attack does not act the same as an innocent person. You can feel the difference. It is very important to be able to read people.
Another solution is escape, walk fast away, the more distance the better, I can outshoot any bum given some distance. If the opponent starts walking faster, run to a place that offers cover and then face him. Yelling attracts attention, criminals don't like attention. The last thing I'd want is to let the other person control what is happening.

I commend you but I am not gonna put that much thought into it. If I don't know you then you better not approach me ... :rant: If you look like you are in dire need of assistance I will be glad to call 911 and have someone come out and do a welfare check ... from the safety of my car ...

I am too old, too tired and too broke for any more **** than what my regular day brings ... Man, I sound just like my dad ... :o

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Imma tell a story too! I wanna fit in!

I've woked in some ghetto-ey areas (as ghetto-ey as OK gets anyways), so I'm used to the usual hustle and bustle of street characters.

The closest I ever has someone sneak up on me was at QT in south Tulsa, not the ghetto. I'm pumping gas, and was obviously no paying attentipn to my surroundings as well as I should have. I had my truck door open and was leaning inside looking at some paperwork or something.

I feel a presence behind me, and turn around. I'm staring directly into the chest of some beast of a dude. I'm 5-11. He was a big boy. He somehow snuck into this cube I had formed with my truck door, gas pump and hose. He said "Aaay brother, can I get a light?" I don't smoke, but I always have lighters everywhere. He was sending off some bells that something wasn't right. I said in a loud voice "Yeah man, I think I got one right here." Loud enough I got the closest dude to me a couple pumps away to start watching (my goal).

I gave him the lighter, he unwraps a brand new pack of Pall Malls he had just bought. Who smokes and doesn't carry a lighter? Who buys a brand new pack of cigs and doesn't buy a lighter to smoke the rest after the first one I let him light? It didn't add up. Dude next to me must have thought it was weird too, he walked closer and stared at us. Big Broseph hands me my lighter, sticks his Pall Malls in his shirt pocket and wanders off to a truck his buddy was driving idling halfway across the lot (again, buddy not have a light? No lighter in the truck dash?). I gave eyewitness dude a "thank you wave" and left.

I STILL have a gut feeling that dude wanted more than a light (out of dozens if not hundreds of times I've been approached, this was way different). I wonder how it would have went down if not for eyewitness dude?

mprvise

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have offered to buy these folks dinner many times and they ALWAYS turn it down. Once was at Bourbon Street in Tulsa when it was still open - come on in and I'll buy you a steak dinner! No dice. If you're hungry I'll buy you a meal on the spot but I am NOT giving you money. I'll be shocked if anyone ever takes me up on it.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have offered to buy these folks dinner many times and they ALWAYS turn it down. Once was at Bourbon Street in Tulsa when it was still open - come on in and I'll buy you a steak dinner! No dice. If you're hungry I'll buy you a meal on the spot but I am NOT giving you money. I'll be shocked if anyone ever takes me up on it.

I'm not sure if you want to post that. Now everyone will be asking you for money just to get free dinner. By the way, can you spare a few dollars?

Latest posts

Top Bottom