NRA too?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a member for years and I know I should join again. What caused me to have butt hurt with them was when my FIL was really sick (colon cancer) and was on a very small income. He was a strong gun person and every time they would send him another big emergency letter (which was probably weekly) needing money he would write a check that he just couldn't afford. My wife and I tried and tried to get them stopped but they just kept begging and he just kept sending money. He would send them money when he didn't have the funds to even pay his own bills. Go ahead and tell me how I'm a free rider all you want but I know who had to pay for his funeral and it sure as hell wasn't the NRA. In case you're wondering how we knew about the money, my wife was on his checking account and we would get the cancelled checks as well as the overdrafts.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aren't you glad to see they are wasting so many millions of dollars that you paid them so they can send me junk mail??? lol

Sure glad it ain't MY money. :D

Cheers!

Patron Member here.
The NRA does not send the soliciations. Rumor is they also don't pay the company that does...the company takes a percentage cut of what is donated. As for being a member of the NRA or any organization. You probably will not agree 100% with everything they do. But, when a member of the NRA, you do become a number. And the government looks at the numbers. There is approximately 4.5 million NRA members, and the politicians listen. There's estimated to be 80 million gun owners in the USA, wow what if half of them were NRA (or OSA) members? The NSSF estimates that 14 million people hunt each year. Wow, why are all of them not NRA members? Sorry, to rant but I do feel strongly about being a number at the NRA and thus a voice in Washington. Oh, and no, I don't like the mailings either but others here are correct that it can be turned off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom