Job/Career Opening - United Rentals - McAlester, OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSA - Wanted to put this out there to everyone. As many know, I'm the location/Branch Manager for United Rentals in McAlester, OK. Been here for two years and with United for almost 21 years. Our Equipment Associate (EA) is retiring at the end of December. Need to backfill his position. We can have some overlap and bring the right person on before he retires so I can fill the spot, with the right candidate, anytime between about Oct and moving forward.

Duties - Generally speaking
-Safety minded individual that follows all company guidelines and procedures.
-Assist in-person customers with loading and unloading of equipment.
-Assist our Semi Driver with loading and unloading of equipment going out or coming back from rental customer.
-Washing, cleaning and some basic maintenance/checks of construction rental equipment.
-Will make occasional deliveries or pick ups of equipment at customer sites.
-Organize and maintain the equipment yard per company standards.
-Assists branch employees with various related tasks.

Qualifications - Not limited to:
-Must be able to pass a piss test. If you can't please don't apply.
-Must be able to gain access (through govt background checks) to McAlester Army Ammunition Plant. If you can't please don't apply.
-Clean driving record.
-Must be able to lift 45 lbs.
-Have a positive attitude and good with working in a team atmosphere.
-Some basic computer skills required.
-Knowledge of construction related equipment is a plus.
-Will be trained on the safe operation of all types of construction related equipment to include: Aerial man lifts, dirt/earth moving equipment, all types of forklifts, etc.

Here is what I'm really looking for. I need a person that is motivated and works well with fellow employees. Knowledge of construction equipment is a plus but not mandatory. A competent person can learn equipment relatively fast. Must be safety minded and ALWAYS work in a safe manner. The EA position is 40 hours per week and there is generally 5-10 hours of overtime per week but is NOT guaranteed. While this is an entry level position at United Rentals there is HUGE potential for advancement for the motivated employee. Ideally, I want this position to be the first step in his/her career at United. United Rentals has what we call an EA2Tech position. This person is hired as an Equipment Associate. If performance is on par with Untied standards we encourage the EA to slowly take on lower level shop mechanic duties while still maintaining Equipment Associate duties. I have two guys in my service dept at this location. One is our Road Service Tech and the other is our Shop Foreman. Both are great employees and have a combined 60 years of experience so they are damn good. The "right" EA could very well be a suitable replacement for one of them when they retire down the road. This open position has a ton of upside. There are dozens of United Employees who've started off as an Equipment Associate at United Rentals 15-20 years ago that hold current positions that are many levels above mine as a Branch Manager and do very well for themselves.

As I said, I've been with United for almost 21 years. It's a great company to work for. Pay is above average or better, Full medical, dental, vision, 401K match and many other perks for it's employees. You'd be hard pressed to find another company in the construction market that offers better pay and benefits. This position is perfect for any younger adult that wants to get their feet wet in the construction equipment rental business with a lot of room for advancement and have a true career with a great company. And of course, I encourage any age, gender, race or background who meets the aforementioned requirements to apply. If you know of anyone, have a friend, son, daughter or relative that lives within 30-60 minutes of McAlester, encourage them to apply. No relocation assistance is offered.

Follow the this link to apply for the position. Feel free to call me with any questions. Ask for Hoby. 918 302-3839.

https://ur.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/URcareers/job/Mcalester-OK-USA/Equipment-Associate_51704

Latest posts

Top Bottom