Obama and our government have hurt me, not helped me, every step of the way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think history would show that the first government was created by those who wanted a slice of the first businesses profit. Think protection racket, but "legal".

You can tax business with no effect as they can simply pass the taxes on to you through the increased costs of goods and services. If people pulled there heads out 95% of workman's comp claims, not to mention other forms of NON-government driven insurance, would not occur. Where is licensure one of the powers allowed by the US Constitution? Some state constitutions may have that, but the beauty of the system is that all like-minded "humans" could have their own system of .gov in their state. Taking the last example of "regulation", you can thank Congress, particularly Frank and Scummer, for the "Housing Collapse" and subsequent regulation, al a Reichstag.

Wow. Pulbic schools. I mean, no, wait....

Im not a fan of Frank or Schummer esp Scummer, but once again put blame where it belongs.

It was greedy banks, loan officers and the greedy realestate industry that caused the housing market to crash. Loaning money to high risk borrowers with the .gov backing the loans.

Banks scammed the system not Frank or Scummer.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im not a fan of Frank or Schummer esp Scummer, but once again put blame where it belongs.

It was greedy banks, loan officers and the greedy realestate industry that caused the housing market to crash. Loaning money to high risk borrowers with the .gov backing the loans.

I think if you check closer, you may find that the banks were "regulated" into providing subprime loans. While greed certainly was the root cause on both sides, wether for dollars or votes, the .gov is culpable in this. Political Corectness and no profiling, you understand. Can't be doing that...

BTW, I recall footage of even Bush the Hated trying to sound the warning. The Dems shouted him down, Frank and Scummer in particular.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, for anyone wondering. WAR made his living as a sports handicapper. Which you know, is kinda like the Mafia :lookaroun He's also a disgusted Libertarian who removed himself from the Republican party some years ago. He was the LP VP candidate back in the 2008 elections, after running for the presidential candidate position.

For the record I kinda like the guy, but figured I'd share some more info for those here who don't know. Some of you guys may not warm up to his message knowing he's part of one of those worthless third parties :D

If you link to the article there is a sidebar that clearly lays out key points of Mr Root's resume to include being a previous Libertarian Party candidate. I am, Lord knows, not a Libertarian Party member and I have significant disagreement with their foreign and domestic policy stances on many issues BUT that doesn't mean he hasn't framed an issue clearly and correctly. I don't know about others but I do not refuse to hear what someone says simply because I know that I will likely disagree with him. Even if 9 times out of 10 we disagree there is still that 10th time.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

There certainly were greedy bankers but to the extent that they made loans widely available to those who should not have had loans (at least of the size approved) they were following Federal government pressure to carry policy goals of extending home ownership on very favorable terms to those with little collateral and very shaky long-term income prospects. Those bankers who most eagerly dove into this particular cesspool were less creators of the mess than conspirators with bureaucrats essentially enacting the 20th-21st century equivalent of the easy money and easy land policies.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In 95 i made about $35,000 a year. A realestate agent and a loan officer assured me I could afford and pay for a $175,000. My loan would have been a VA/HUD loan. I opted for a smaller loan. I fail to see where over regulating banks caused this.

No amount of pressure from congress could have caused a loan officer for a Private bank to loan me that much money. They knew if i defaulted they would get the money from my VA backed loan.

Congress may have pressured banks to loan some money, banks seen a way to scam the .gov.

I bet we wont ever bail out big banks again.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 95 i made about $35,000 a year. A realestate agent and a loan officer assured me I could afford and pay for a $175,000. My loan would have been a VA/HUD loan. I opted for a smaller loan. I fail to see where over regulating banks caused this.

No amount of pressure from congress could have caused a loan officer for a Private bank to loan me that much money. They knew if i defaulted they would get the money from my VA backed loan.

Congress may have pressured banks to loan some money, banks seen a way to scam the .gov.

I would not take that bet. It's all part of the Plan.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

What you are describing isn't the whole picture - just part of it. First of all if the the Feds hadn't guaranteed shaky loans they would have been unacceptably risky to legitimate banks - so they were at least enabled. However, in addition to enabling - the Feds pressured banks by implying, in some cases stating , that failure to make enough loans among certain favored demographics (typically lower income minorities)would be prima facie evidence of "insensitivity", or worse, toward minorities. Trust me, if Federal regulators or legislators say that you may be flirting with racism - and subject to all of the trouble that might attend to that - you will alter your policies especially if the "carrot" of a loan interest guarantee is attached to the pressure. Classic carrot and stick, followed by opportunist bankers/lenders playing along to get along and milking the system.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without a government you wouldnt have a business, look at countries without a government. They are failed states. Somalia comes to mind.

Businesses should be taxed, should be licensed and some should be regulated. Workers comp insurance is there to protect workers hurt on the job.

You can thank greedy unscrupulious business owners and corporations for almost all of the licensing, regulations and fee's.

Put the blame where it belongs but without our government a business or businessman could not exist.

You're not really serious are you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom