Obama and our government have hurt me, not helped me, every step of the way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You're not really serious are you?

No but i had a rough day and the wife wont argue with me.
I think the gov bears some blame as well as some businesses and corps. For the most part i stand behind my remarks.
Some businesses need regulated others dont. Businesses ought to be taxed. Some should be licensed.
Perhaps not all at the Fed level but at least by state gov.
The Constitution gives the Feds juristiction over interstate commerce, so in that sense, we need a Government just to have a business.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obama is worse then you guys think. He is trying to prevent any new offshore drilling around most of the US for the next 30 years.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jul/9/energy-department-sneaks-offshore-moratorium-past-/

Obama’s Interior Department is still stonewalling over the Gulf Coast drilling ban scandal.

http://michellemalkin.com/2012/07/1...or-department-stonewalls-and-revolving-doors/

19 of his greenjobs stimulus companies are either gone bankrupt or are about to including, Evergreen Solar, SpectraWatt, Solyndra, Beacon Power, which got $43 million; AES’ subsidiary Eastern Energy, Nevada Geothermal, which received $98.5 million; SunPower, which got $1.5 billion from the government; First Solar, which received $1.46 billion from the federal government; Babcock & Brown, an Australian company which received $178 million from the administration; Ener1, a subsidiary EnerDel that received $118.5 million; Amonix, which received $5.9 million; The National Renewable Energy Lab; Fisker Automotive; Abound Solar, which received $400 million; Solar Trust of America; A123 Systems, which received $279 million; Willard & Kelsey Solar Group, which received $6 million; Johnson Controls, which received $299 million; and Schneider Electric, which received $86 million.

And his justice dept is letting Wall Street slide without any serious investigations.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...partment-letting-wall-street-off-the-hook.php

As far as no business can succeed without government, true to a point, but this government has hurt far more businesses then it has helped. This is why I will vote for ANYBODY but Obama.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No but i had a rough day and the wife wont argue with me.
I think the gov bears some blame as well as some businesses and corps. For the most part i stand behind my remarks.
Some businesses need regulated others dont. Businesses ought to be taxed. Some should be licensed.
Perhaps not all at the Fed level but at least by state gov.
The Constitution gives the Feds juristiction over interstate commerce, so in that sense, we need a Government just to have a business.

LOL. I understand. :)

Yes, it's true that some regulation is in order and is beneficial to our civilized way of life. I think the whole point of the article though is really about the basic premise that business, commerce and individuals making a living / surviving happens despite government, not because of it. Even in uncivilized environments, 'businessmen' of one kind or another exist and thrive depending on their product and market circumstances.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No amount of pressure from congress could have caused a loan officer for a Private bank to loan me that much money. They knew if i defaulted they would get the money from my VA backed loan.
Who do you think created the VA and its loan insurance program?

Government guarantees on loans is one of many forms of pressure to make loans.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Who do you think created the VA and its loan insurance program?

Government guarantees on loans is one of many forms of pressure to make loans.

Where did the government get the money to exist? I bet they got the money from somewhere else.

Back to what obama said, successful business owners could not have succeeded without the infrastructure to support them. Something tells me without the infrastructure, these successful business people would have overcome that obstacle as well. obama got what he wanted, he got his message out to the millions who will now believe that those who are successful owe them something because they believe obama is the one that got them there. They want their obama bucks.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kinda read it as if the government didn't reduce taxes, bail out companies which supposedly allowed them to keep the doors open then there would be no money to be spent at these businesses. It is a jaded way of thinking. Business does not survive without the government, but government doesn't survive without business. It is a very slippery slope if we fall off the equalibrium.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The writer seems a bit bitter, and not just about government fees and taxes. He seems bitter that someone he saw as inferior gained something he will never gain. Not that I agree or disagree with the article we just have to remember the source.

Latest posts

Top Bottom