Obama is paving the way for the Antichrist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm not knowing where you get your figures. The chart seems to show that the big boys spend about 4% on programs while the medium size churches spend 20%. I know our church spends more than that.

Programs yes, charity no. Or do we lump programs like vacation bible study in with feeding the hungry, clothing the poor and housing the orphans?

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Programs yes, charity no. Or do we lump programs like vacation bible study in with feeding the hungry, clothing the poor and housing the orphans?

lightnin' I gave you the following info and you completely ignored it. "My church gives 18% to the primary mission program, 4.5% to the local association, and 3% to local Ardmore missions (which funds 25 ministries). My church is the lead church in Loaves and Fishes (which distributes food to 120 families each week) and contributes to school supplies for children, supports the local pregnancy center and the Good Shepard medical clinic and is involved in the local soup kitchen. You're right, though, I don't run the books, but I'm personally involved in some of these programs, plus a volunteer construction group that has occasion to do repair work on homes, churches and such that the church pays for."

Is every penny of this "charity" by your definition? No. Most of the 18% and some minor portions of the other figures go to missionaries (who perform charity work). But, surely you can see that far more than 1% goes into charity of various forms. On the other hand, maybe not.

This appears to be useless, for both of us, so I think I'll mosey on.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, the anti-Christs have been around since biblical times. This from 1 John 2: 18-23, but specifically verse 22.

"18 Little children, it is the last hour: and as ye heard that antichrist cometh, even now have there arisen many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last hour.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they all are not of us.

20 And ye have an anointing from the Holy One, and ye know all the things.

21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and because no lie is of the truth.

22 Who is the liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, even he that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that confesseth the Son hath the Father also."

Plus, I'm not sure who "ECCU" is, so I'll have to agree that most mid-sized and smaller churches likely do more in the way of benevolence. I know that ours does, but locally, somewhat nationally or regionally, and also overseas. We even have some that physically go to South America to build simple structures for living. Many who get one of those structures have never had a home with walls and a floor before.

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lightnin' I gave you the following info and you completely ignored it. "My church gives 18% to the primary mission program, 4.5% to the local association, and 3% to local Ardmore missions (which funds 25 ministries). My church is the lead church in Loaves and Fishes (which distributes food to 120 families each week) and contributes to school supplies for children, supports the local pregnancy center and the Good Shepard medical clinic and is involved in the local soup kitchen. You're right, though, I don't run the books, but I'm personally involved in some of these programs, plus a volunteer construction group that has occasion to do repair work on homes, churches and such that the church pays for."

Is every penny of this "charity" by your definition? No. Most of the 18% and some minor portions of the other figures go to missionaries (who perform charity work). But, surely you can see that far more than 1% goes into charity of various forms. On the other hand, maybe not.

This appears to be useless, for both of us, so I think I'll mosey on.

Ronny,
I hear you, my church gives around the same percentage to missions as your church does. We are a very small church, but strongly believe in giving to missions. We just finished a mission trip to Mexico where our people helped build a church and witnessed to the locals at the same time. Some prople just can't accept that some followers have their hearts in the right place when it comes to religion. All you can do is go on believing in what's right and living the way of our Lord and Savior. Some will listen and will believe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom