Off Road Adventure with Jeeps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jeeps are fun, I have owned a number of them. I've had a YJ, two XJs, two TJs, and a mild ZJ build. I actually still have a TJ and it's great for what it is... But I have graduated past the jeep and into the 100 series Land cruiser family. 4.7 V8, locking center duff, AHC (lift on demand), goes anywhere and everywhere I ask it too. It's a super comfortable daily driver and easily handles the Ozarks and Ouachita mountains. I'm not a hard core rock crawler or mudder, but this handles most things with grace and poise. Recently took it to the Hagarville AR area, mulberry mountain, the K trail
, Gruber, and this this summer it's going on a 9 day trip to Silverton CO.

IMG_20240322_152252.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Jeeps are fun, I have owned a number of them. I've had a YJ, two XJs, two TJs, and a mild ZJ build. I actually still have a TJ and it's great for what it is... But I have graduated past the jeep and into the 100 series Land cruiser family. 4.7 V8, locking center duff, AHC (lift on demand), goes anywhere and everywhere I ask it too. It's a super comfortable daily driver and easily handles the Ozarks and Ouachita mountains. I'm not a hard core rock crawler or mudder, but this handles most things with grace and poise. Recently took it to the Hagarville AR area, mulberry mountain, the K trail
, Gruber, and this this summer it's going on a 9 day trip to Silverton CO.

View attachment 464959

What's Gruber like?

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's Gruber like?
Gruber has a bit of everything, rocky trails, crawling, sand and mud pits/fields, and just some good off camber trail riding. it is better/ more fun to do in a 4 wheeler or SXS, but jeeps and other 4X4 vehicles can do most things there pretty well.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite place to go wheeling, besides the passes in Colorado, is Wolf Caves in Texas which is where this picture was taken. As for mods I could go on and on but the one that I really wanted and finally got was the Atlas transfer case. That took the Jeep to a whole new level.

1711383774931.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom