Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm going deer hunting for my first time ever with my FIL. I'm going to use my 18" AR with a 77gr SMK. Any advice on what zero I should use? 100 or 200 yards? Longest distance where we are going is 500, but I'll probably keep it inside 300.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool, thanks! Looks like tomorrow is free breakfast at Jimmys egg, then Wilshire Gun.

Keep in mind that the .223 is on the bottom side of adequate deer cartridges. I'd keep ranges at 200 yds or less, as the bullet won't perform as well at those longer ranges.

I've killed a ton of them with my AR, so just make sure you put them in the heart/lung area.

Jeremy1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know how to post the video or if anyone even cares to see, but I have video of a younger buck trying to mount a doe or different does on 3 separate occasion last night........ Can't believe I just said that... This weekend should be good!

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know how to post the video or if anyone even cares to see, but I have video of a younger buck trying to mount a doe or different does on 3 separate occasion last night........ Can't believe I just said that... This weekend should be good!
Lol. Now that's funny. Seems like a line out of an Adam Sandler movie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom