Oh hell no!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have cats, but the canned dog food we open smells better.
That being said, if one gets by the open the can smell, it's not too bad fried in bacon grease on a sandwich with mustard.

Spam is the national food of Hawaii. Seriously, they have sandwich shops there that specialize in nothing but spam.
Spam was introduced to Hawaii during or after Pearl Harbor I'm told. The Military served it to the troops and the troops shared it to the natives. It became a big hit.

Last edited:

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, no no. As I said before, Spam does not go in chili. I think you old farts need to check your bifocals. Spam is good for many things, but never chili.

And I feed them goat meat chili. :P
People were probably using cabrito in chili before they were using beef.
Good stuff, Rick. You got a lot of compliments.

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have eaten those too and the reason no one like them was because the eggs were usually kind of green and smelled like they had already been eater and were being recycled.
FWIW, overcooking egg yolks makes 'em turn green and have a sulphur-ish odor (doesn't help the flavor either).

You get the same result by boiling eggs too long.
:drunk2:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, overcooking egg yolks makes 'em turn green and have a sulphur-ish odor (doesn't help the flavor either).

You get the same result by boiling eggs too long.
:drunk2:

Oh, heck!!! Even I, an old fogey who can't cook, have managed to cook eggs that weren't that bad.

Dang!!! If the wife hears of this, I'm in trouble. (While we were in Indiana, she got used to not having to figure out and cook our meals.) Now, she's apt to decide I can cook my own meals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom