Oh hell no!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like me some Spam once in a while. The biggest problem with it isn't the fat, it's the sodium. Damn!

I salt everything. Have my entire life. I tell people I'm trying to get my blood pressure up to an acceptable level.

Used to drive my Mom crazy, she'd say '...how can you salt it before you taste it?...'
I'd just smile, say '...it needs salt....'

I've never had high blood pressure, and the more recent studies have pretty much de-coupled sodium intake and high blood pressure.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I salt everything. Have my entire life. I tell people I'm trying to get my blood pressure up to an acceptable level.

Used to drive my Mom crazy, she'd say '...how can you salt it before you taste it?...'
I'd just smile, say '...it needs salt....'

I've never had high blood pressure, and the more recent studies have pretty much de-coupled sodium intake and high blood pressure.
Its still baaad for ya

iu

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
and the more recent studies have pretty much de-coupled sodium intake and high blood pressure.

I wouldn't completely go that far... there are some people it is absolutely 10000% a major factor. One of my friends is in his 30s and has extremely hard to control high blood pressure, if he drastically cuts his sodium intake, it becomes quite easy to manage.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't completely go that far... there are some people it is absolutely 10000% a major factor. One of my friends is in his 30s and has extremely hard to control high blood pressure, if he drastically cuts his sodium intake, it becomes quite easy to manage.

There will always be those with extenuating circumstances. The exception that proves the rule, so to speak.

I am saying that the science isn't settled. The conventional wisdom, as so often happens, is not correct.

Latest posts

Top Bottom