OHP Radar Band

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I routinely commute 650-700 miles per week in state. Looking at getting a radar detector.

Does anyone know what radar band the OHP uses, i.e. X-Highway, K, Ka 34.7 or Ka 35.5?

Thanks mucho!

Sent from my underground command post using war drums and morse code. Now free!

With 3k posts you should know that we are all law abiding citizens and do not resort to trickery to avoid speeding tickets. :)

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They also don't help much if they are lighting you up only when they see you. Ask me how I know...

(No I didn't get the ticket for the detector. He didn't see it!)

That's the way it's done. Not against the law to have a detector, it's against the law to have any device that jams radar.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run fast most of the time. My eyes and awareness of my surroundings are better than any detector. I keep it no more than 10 over. If you're on talking on a cell phone or talking to your passenger and are speeding, you're gonna get pulled over. My .3 cents

5 over will get you pulled depending on the day, time and mood of the LEO. It happens..pay the piper.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me.. Trooper, I know you've heard this many times, but I really don't know why you are stopping me.. (as I came out of a small town doing the speed limit.) Trooper.. The airplane clocked you at 10 over back the other side of town. Me.. Ok, that makes sense, I just wasn't paying attention. Trooper.. Here's a warning, Slow down and take it easy. Me.. You bet, thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom