OHP Trooper Arrested For DUI After On-Duty Crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He'll get a paid vacation for "Rehab" then be back on the job in a couple months.

Never happen, though it probably should. We have a lot invested in this guy's training, and I suspect he would make a supreme effort not to screw up again if he had a chance. I'll be real surprised if he isn't fired.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never happen, though it probably should. We have a lot invested in this guy's training.

Training? I grew up with a construction workers who pulled trailers for 40 years with higher BACs.

The only one to get a dui fell asleep with his truck in park waiting for a train to pass. This guy could have used better drunk training.

Two are dead now, tho. Blended whiskey hurts a body.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never understood the urge to get in a vehicle and drive when you've been drinking. I don't do it. Never have -- not even when I was a kid ... same with pot ... or the pills I take now. Even if I feel "okay", if I've been taking meds I don't drive. I dunno ... there are so many things in this world I just don't get ... :scratch:

I wish I could say that about the part in bold above. When I was a MUCH younger man and teenager, I used to hop in my 1954 Ford or 1960 Ford Falcon and carouse around town and even head over to the county seat while drinking either beer or 100% Vodka straight. Many a time I've made that 18 mile trip and never had a problem. Of course, I was usually driving about 45 and there was practically nothing at the side of the road to hit, including fences.

You know, like Cimarron County.

Oh no ... believe me ... they are worse than that ... and they are real job assignments. You couldn't pay me to be a Trooper ... no way, no how ...

Again, the words in bold referring to a duty assignment from H$LL, think Cimarron County.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do understand people make mistakes, and an LEO can easily like a cold beer as much as I do. However it seems he was on the job, driving an official vehicle, and responsible for some expensive property under his care. It would seem he should have thought about dropping all that off and heading home to take his uniform off to become a normal citizen before having a few drinks. A "personal" DUI would seem to have a little less impact than an "Official On Duty" DUI. We do and should hold our government paid employees to a higher standard. It seems he was on all of our payrolls at the time of this incident. Not a good thing. No matter who or what he is, I would have to fire him. Glad he was not killed or killed anyone else. Hope he gets help.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting that if you or I get a DUI, the report is available (and sometimes directly sent) to the local media within hours.

Since the person arrested is an OHP trooper, does the publication of the report get delayed (one of the comments at the linked story) while the OHP's legal department goes over it to make sure it's done correctly? If so, whose definition of "correctly" is used?

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of OHP and field tests.... I got pulled over for an illegal turn by OHP last night. He made me pull down my eyelids and stick out my tongue, then asked if I had smoked any weed prior to the stop. Ended up with a warning for illegal turn... Which was BS but I was let gonna argue when there was no ticket

Latest posts

Top Bottom