OHP Trooper Arrested For DUI After On-Duty Crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a fuggin party!

Sent from my meh, using my meh.

It was pretty comical. He told me to put my cigarette out and come back to his car. He has me sit in the front seat while he types up the warning ticket and goes "stick out your tongue". I'm like what? "stick out your tongue." Huh? "Stick your tongue out for me" ooookay????

He was pretty cool about it though.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... A "personal" DUI would seem to have a little less impact than an "Official On Duty" DUI. We do and should hold our government paid employees to a higher standard. It seems he was on all of our payrolls at the time of this incident. ...

No such thing as a personal DUI for troopers, at least not last I knew. The only LEA in Oklahoma last I heard that has an off duty code of conduct that holds them to the same level of responsibility as if they were on duty and in uniform. I knew a trooper or 2 back in the day, not easy to go out and cut up when you live by those rules. I've heard stories of a bachelor party tape that had some off duty troopers doing some unprofessional things that cost some jobs and started a witch hunt. I bet BB and GC have been around long enough to know about that one.

If you've ever wondered why they seem to have a stick up their rear or seem so totally square that they are completely boring most of the time that would probably be a good reason why.

It's not that they aren't people and don't like to have a good time. it's that they have to be extremely careful doing so.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He gone, or at least he should be. DUI is a disqualifying event for employment in many "sensitive" positions, I was turned down for a job in IT with tulsa county one time because I would be working with court records and I have had a DUI arrest. It should be the same for state troopers.

Doesn't disqualify for being a lawyer, County Clerk, or County Commissioner. In Texas you can still be a DA and in Florida a judge, ironic huh?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't disqualify for being a lawyer, County Clerk, or County Commissioner. In Texas you can still be a DA and in Florida a judge, ironic huh?

Yes but they don't have direct access to the database where they could make things disappear permanently. That's the reasoning anyway as far as the hiring director explained it to me. Human nature you can't trust someone that's been hammered by a legal system not to hold a grudge and go on a crusade against injustice from within. I personally hold myself to a higher standard tough. I understood I was in the wrong never complained once paid my money and did my penance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom