Ok, what's the point of a 5" flash hider?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only use I have for one is on my 5.5" dedicated .22 upper. IF, I don't have my Silencerco Sparrow on it, I can throw the 5.5" FH on there so it extends the blast past my 9" forend. :)

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The point is that I built an XM177E2 clone to give to by my father for Father's day, and I was building another for my best friend's dad. Well he wanted to go another direction. So I've got a shittonne of spare parts laying about of decent quality, and a spare barrel. **** it, may as well put an upper together and sale it instead of buying a new one out of pocket.

You get to a point with these things when you realize that you can do nearly anything humanly imaginable, and so once you get three or four "serious" rifles where weight and muzzle velocity and frag range are a thing, you start to build the others just for shits and giggles and 'cause **** it I got spares.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not mine, but this:

farm4.static.flickr.com_3399_3415100133_0b0c53e3ef_b.jpg

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
cause they are vietnam commando cool....heck, whey do we do anything? For example, who besides h&h can drill and tap a super blackhawk for a scope base?
my eyes are getting old and I wanna reach out and touch somethin'

Latest posts

Top Bottom