Okay I'm declaring war!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did the Amdro thin them even momentarily? I haven't used it in over twenty years but they used to recommend at least two applications and the stuff worked. Maybe they HAVE developed an immunity. Try it once more, just like taking your antibiotics. Don't facilitate the natural selection of the SUPER ANT! You wouldn't want that on your conscience.

It's like they didn't even eat it. But they were carrying in down into this particular nest that has decided to invade my kitchen. I've used it in the past to varying success, I think that some species just ignore it altogether. When it dries up a bit from the rain sprinkles I'll put down another layer.

And these are the little black tiny bastards. I just put out some Terro. I got a bottle and some outdoor bait stations. For $12 what the heck? They were eating the hell out of the pad I laid right in their path from the wall to my coffee pot within about a minute, it has a solid black ring of ants around it right now chowing down. I really don't know what they are wanting in the coffee pot, there's no sugar in it or anything, maybe the water?. :scratch:

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm fighting them too, fire ants in the yard and the little back ones around the house. I've used borax on the fire ant mounds and that seems to get rid of them, but up around the house I'm using the clear liquid stuff that also has borax in it. It takes a few days, but seems to work.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's like they didn't even eat it. But they were carrying in down into this particular nest that has decided to invade my kitchen. I've used it in the past to varying success, I think that some species just ignore it altogether. When it dries up a bit from the rain sprinkles I'll put down another layer.

And these are the little black tiny bastards. I just put out some Terro. I got a bottle and some outdoor bait stations. For $12 what the heck? They were eating the hell out of the pad I laid right in their path from the wall to my coffee pot within about a minute, it has a solid black ring of ants around it right now chowing down. I really don't know what they are wanting in the coffee pot, there's no sugar in it or anything, maybe the water?. :scratch:

Tempo. It keeps killing not only ants, but any other insect that crosses its path for about two weeks if it doesn't get rained on. You can buy it by the ounce/half pint, or quart at some COOP elevators. I have an applicators license, and its the most effective stuff I've ever seen for insects.

Speaking of bug wars, has anyone found anything that will keep wasps and hornets from building nests around your house?

Wasp spray in the cans used at night when they are all on the nests. Be careful if you have evergreen bushes in the area. The chemical in the wasp sprays will kill them.

For entertainment purposes, a long pole and a flaming rag soaked with kerosene works well. Blackens the paint, and starts shingles on fire, but its great redneck entertainment! :D

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find your biggest pot and fill with water(can be found in any faucet), heat to boiling, and dump on ant mound. Listen for their screams as they are boiled/baked alive.:explode:

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of bug wars, has anyone found anything that will keep wasps and hornets from building nests around your house?

Again, for something cost effective and that will last for 3-6 months outside, depending on rainfall totals, Talstar P is the way to go. Just follow the instructions.

Now, for immediate knockdown and whacking use this stuff. It fuggin' rules.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/harmonix-insect-spray-p-2803.html

Sent from my meh, using my meh.

Bhargrin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use gas for ants, I have had good luck with red ant granules from Atwood's. For wasp I make wasp traps baiting them with raw meat. The young queens need protein to start their nests.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm fighting them too, fire ants in the yard and the little back ones around the house. I've used borax on the fire ant mounds and that seems to get rid of them, but up around the house I'm using the clear liquid stuff that also has borax in it. It takes a few days, but seems to work.

You have fire ants in Guthrie?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used Termidor to good effect outdoors, but don't read the label, as you just might die of fright--I'm pretty sure it says if you think about getting it on your skin it will kill you and your family, then burn your damn house down. I've also used an aerosol foam that I got from SoonerBorn's site, along with Advance granules.

RoachRidd (boric acid powder) performed miracles in my kitchen when little tiny ants decided it would make a good home, and it's non-toxic to people and pets, as long as you don't overdo it.

You know what really works? Diazinon granules. That's probably why you can't get it any more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom