Okay you law dogs - private property signage question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
image-1085425696.jpg

image-925604216.jpg

image-2590823766.jpg

image-2788866408.jpg

image-285009832.jpg

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The more I read these posts, the more it appears that trespassing is just one of those things in the rural areas. People seem to think that they have a right to tear down signs, destroy gates, shoot animals out of season and generally disrespect the rights of others.

As I understand the trespassing law, a person has to be told to leave or not enter property before they can be charged, hence the signs that are being torn down. The signs are being torn down so that the violator, if caught can say "I didn't see any signs", and all that happens is that they are told to leave. They have the attitude, "how dare them put up signs, I've been through here for the last 30 years and I'm not going to stop now".

Game cameras are a good suggestion. I'd also suggest you invite your local law enforcement come out and take a tour with you. Show them that signs have been posted and where they are. That way, if called, he can testify that he did see the signs and the property was posted. All that has to be proven at that point is who removed the signs and with the back up of the game cameras, that should be all that's needed.

That's pretty much the attitude in rural Oklahoma. Best of luck dealing with your trespassers, it's a long road to fight.

PawPaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you know when they frequent the area, be there waiting for them and call the Sheriff. It takes a lot of work by the land owner to keep what is rightfully theirs. Don't be tempted to break the law, just make it cost the trespassers with fines. If they are parking on your land have their vehicles towed. The best way to stop them is cost them money. If you have never owned or leased land that people disrespect it is difficult to understand the frustration. Be strong and persistent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom