Okla Gun Range Sued for Not Allowing Muslims

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh wait! There's more info to be known here:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...n-store-accidentally-shoots-article-1.2330654

"Oklahoma man accidentally shoots himself while guarding gun store that banned Muslims" (this was back in August of last year)

Seems some goober managed to shoot himself while standing guard...embarrassing. See more info in the link above.

..."The local sheriff said he was not surprised by the shooting, because many of the defenders outside Save Yourself don’t seem equipped for their equipment.

“I saw several of those gentlemen out there yesterday,” Muskogee County Sheriff Charles Pearson told Muskogee Now.

“The way they were holding their weapons, with the fingers on the triggers, you can tell a couple of these gentlemen have no idea about weapons safety. It's like the Clampetts have come to town.”

Jeebus, how embarrassing.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the range owner is a jackass.

But it comes down to business owner rights to discriminate, and I'm not a lawyer, but I would guess he can't do that.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never heard of em'.

Me either; it's down somewhere in BFE, Oklahoma ... SE of McAlester I believe. Can't be much in the way of serious business down there. Maybe somebody here is from around that way and can shed some light on these people.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me either; it's down somewhere in BFE, Oklahoma ... SE of McAlester I believe. Can't be much in the way of serious business down there. Maybe somebody here is from around that way and can shed some light on these people.
Not so sure what or where "BFE" Oklahoma is but I'm about 20 miles away --and we do take our business serious. Haven't checked this range out yet

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us...ma-gun-range/ar-BBpDvPX?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=edgsp

Save Yourself Survival and Tactical Gear Gun Range Sued. Located in Oktaha, OK.

Anybody ever been to this range? Should the owner be allowed to ban Muslims from shooting there? What do ya'll think about this?

Never been. Of course the owner should be allowed to ban Muslims, or do any other damn thing he wants to with his business that doesn't hurt other people... it's HIS business.

Unfortunately federal law (the Civil Rights Act) is in opposition to this freedom, so the lawsuit will be successful and will almost certainly result in an order to take down the signs and probably pay some restitution to the "victim" and some punitive damages to the Feds.

We had a thread or two on this back when it happened. Yet another rehash of a common argument we have on here between the folks who believe in freedom of association, and those who believe it is OK to threaten people with force to make them more tolerant.

Bluewing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not so sure what or where "BFE" Oklahoma is but I'm about 20 miles away --and we do take our business serious. Haven't checked this range out yet

BFE== Bum "Flippped" Egypt ! (cleaned up)
When it comes to a private business.........
There is no difference between him putting up a sign saying "no Muslims allowed"
than
some one putting up a sign saying "No guns allowed"
to me.
They aren't taking away a person's right to be a Muslim anymore than
someone else is taking away your right to keep and own firearms.
The way I take care of it is, I don't do business with them EVER again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom