Old school mobsters fear handing over the reins to phone-obsessed millennials

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You realize us “millennials” are into our late 30s now, right? Some folks don’t seem to see the difference between the generations. So I’ll just call you all old boomers who know nothing and move along.
HAHA! Some of us "old" boomers were programmers for state of the art control systems developed by ABB serial numbers 1 & 2 involving creating graphics and code to operate 2 billion dollar power plants part time along with environmental duties monitoring emissions and assisting the feds in creating new technology to monitor mercury.
I'm guessing the coattails your riding on created by the boomers are more important so we should just go out to pasture? Who in the heck created the other technology your using to post this now? BOOMERS! HAHA!! Your post was actually really funny. I hope you did it in jest. :hey3:

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HAHA! Some of us "old" boomers were programmers for state of the art control systems developed by ABB serial numbers 1 & 2 involving creating graphics and code to operate 2 billion dollar power plants part time along with environmental duties monitoring emissions and assisting the feds in creating new technology to monitor mercury.
I'm guessing the coattails your riding on created by the boomers are more important so we should just go out to pasture? Who in the heck created the other technology your using to post this now? BOOMERS! HAHA!! Your post was actually really funny. I hope you did it in jest. :hey3:
Of course it’s in jest. You can’t move to the future and ignore those who came before. Microprocessor technology, internal combustion engines, all the technology developed that has led to now. But I do get tired of the “millennials are lazy” trope when we’re getting to our midlife stage.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course it’s in jest. You can’t move to the future and ignore those who came before. Microprocessor technology, internal combustion engines, all the technology developed that has led to now. But I do get tired of the “millennials are lazy” trope when we’re getting to our midlife stage.

You do much hiring?

Stereotypes exist for a reason. "Boomers" are often Fudds, because, well - they are.

Millennials are portrayed often as lazy, uninformed, self-absorbed entitled brats because - oh, sorry looks like I lost your attention again. I'll tell you more when you look up from your phone.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do much hiring?

Stereotypes exist for a reason. "Boomers" are often Fudds, because, well - they are.

Millennials are portrayed often as lazy, uninformed, self-absorbed entitled brats because - oh, sorry looks like I lost your attention again. I'll tell you more when you look up from your phone.
Your personal definition of fudds please.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If by "softer and dumber" they mean not inclined towards a life of criminality and brutality, then I would take that as a compliment. I'd argue anyone who chooses that life is the real dumbass, and if by "soft and lacking ruthlessness " they mean not victimizing people weaker and more vulnerable than them those millenials will go far. They might have legitimate jobs, retirement plans that don't involve the grave or prison. Maybe they'll actually be positive role models for their children instead of aspiring to he the highest rung on the dung ladder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom