One Suppressor for 9mm, 5.56, and 5.7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50Shooter

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Omega 36m
Bink is exactly correct. The 36m by Silencerco exhists at two different lengths. It works great on centerfire rifles up to 338 Lapua. It works fine on a 5.56 just change the end cap from the one designed up to 36 caliber to a 22 caliber end cap. You can take the end section of the silencer off and the shorter can remaining is perfect for 9mm carbines, sub guns, or handguns. Just be sure to not shoot lead bullets through it because that silencer can't be disassembled to clean the lead residue out. Jacketed bullets work fine and 147 grain 9mm are pretty much universally subsonic therefore very quiet.

Buckh1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 36M is also great on 350L. I run it on everything. from 556 to 308 and 9mm PCC's and pistols with booster. My Ruger PC9 running 147 subs is near Hollywood quiet after a few cheap mods to reduce the "Mechanical" noises. After that you'll need a 22 suppressor because they are fun too.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Liberty Mystic X is a 9mm can but it’s rated for a massive list of calibers including 5.56mm out of a 16” or longer barrel and .308 out of an 18” barrel.

It’s not as good with those calibers as a dedicated can for them, and I don’t want to risk damaging it so I keep it on the pistol caliber firearms.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which one would you choose?

Asking for a friend. :D
I use a SilencerCo Osprey for 9mm. .40 S&W & .45 ACP. The pistons are easy to change. I'm not sure you'll be happy trying to suppress a 5.7. Subs are hella high and supers have a hell of a crack.

Latest posts

Top Bottom