Open Carry holster recommendations? Level II or Level III?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dumb, stupid idea. Piss enough people off by open carrying when it's clearly not needed and there will be a public backlash that'll cause the legislature to reverse this law. When is the Open Carry WalMart walk? Good grief, new yahoos born everyday.

Please help me to understand how we will piss people off when our group has been invited to both restaurants to gather and celebrate our new freedom? And while you are at it, what does "open carrying when it's clearly not needed" even mean?

As far as public backlash goes, this isn't Commiefornia. Our legislators knew what they were doing when they passed SB1733 by 85-3 in the House and by 33-10 in the Senate. What good does it do to have a right if nobody exercises it?

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Geesh, I don't live close enough to attend... but how is a group of friendly people who are openly carrying and were specifically invited by the managment of the establishments to gather for a OC celebration.. differ from individuals walking in to a resturant that permits OC and suddenly noticing a number of their friends who also OC are already there and joins them by pushing a few tables together? What are they suppose to do, ignore their friends? Are they suppose to say, 'Oh, I can't sit with you or act like I know you because we have open carry weapons!'

Heck, a lot of resturants give discounts to armed police officers, sheriffs, and security officers so they will eat in their places... as it is cheaper than hiring security... and the discounted food can be a tax write-off. In OC states, OCers are often encouraged to eat in places for the same reason... as it is cheaper than hiring private security officers.

I didn't read anything in the new SDA law restricting people from open carrying in groups. In fact, public parks & fair grounds where people often gather together in large groups of friends for celebrations / parties & family reunions was specifically designated by our politicians as being a lawfull location for OCers to gather. Churches are also places where groups of OCers can gather to worship....

It isn't like a group of OSA or OKOCA OCers will be standing in the middle of the street or on the sidewalks daring people to crowd their way past them.

By-the-way, the 'Walmart Strut' starts exactly at Midnight on Nov. 1st. With the Open carry crowd coming into the store as the drunk costumed Halloween crowd leaves. :P

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
David, yukonjack is really gonna freak out when he learns that the news media is being invited... :phone:

Fox News alert: People get together at OC meetings held at resturants in the other 43 states that allows OC--- all the time. This isn't a new concept! Believe it or not, there are forums similar to OSA & organizations like OKOCA in all the Open Carry states. And the media ususually responds with good press whenever they have been invited to these meetings.

On topic: I've had a Blackhawk Serpa II for a long time and never had a problem with it. I don't see a lot of different between the basic design of its mechanism & that of a ALS holster but for the location on the latch. One is worked with the index finger , the other with the thumb.. but they both retain the weapon via the trigger guard.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the serpa is the single worst holster design ever.most professional trainers wont allow them in thier classes.my own experience was enough to prove what a lousy design it is

Been using them for years and have yet to meet another officer or anyone for that matter that's actually had any problem with theirs. Until I actually meet someone that's had a problem with theirs that has caused them harm I will continue to endorse them. Most of the "bad talk" on them is all third, fourth, and fifth person internet hearsay.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been using them for years and have yet to meet another officer or anyone for that matter that's actually had any problem with theirs. Until I actually meet someone that's had a problem with theirs that has caused them harm I will continue to endorse them. Most of the "bad talk" on them is all third, fourth, and fifth person internet hearsay.

Michael Brown isn't third or fourth person.
http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?143869-Guys-with-Blackhawk-Serpa-holsters

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I love my serpa, if you think it's a design flaw, keep your flipping finger off the trigger until you line up the sights. Geee

Latest posts

Top Bottom